sWUT

Cyrem

Had a quick visit into my local Kmart while I was bored and decided to check out the LEGO section, SWAT were already there.

gallery_1_1_130668.jpg

gallery_1_1_3285.jpg

gallery_1_1_107233.jpg

They forgot to print their brand name.... I guess I would too.

I did not purchase this.

So is this Best Lock? Or a knock-off of Best Lock? Or something else?

Seems like a pretty average police station. I don't see anything particularly SWAT-y.

So is this Best Lock? Or a knock-off of Best Lock? Or something else?

Seems like a pretty average police station. I don't see anything particularly SWAT-y.

I have no idea, I looked for a brand and couldn't see one. Looks like all the parts have been dup'd aside from the figure faces.

It seems Kmart bought it from someone and just put their copyright on it.

The heads look Best Lock-y: '>

And Best Lock always advertises working with other brands on the boxes as well... Hmm...

Ok, yep.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Lock-S-W-A-T-Blocks-Figures-Included/dp/B005ZJNCOM

Looks like a clone of Best Lock. Clones of clones. Fun!

Speaking of clones, I went to Big Lots today for something else, decided to see if they had any LEGO. They didn't, but they had a bunch of "Block Tech" clones... Dirt cheap, tiny sets, in massively oversized boxes. Considering picking one up for kicks sometime.

http://www.theworks.co.uk/p/lego-construction-toys/space-observation-station-titan-mission-space---block-tech-(486-pieces)/5015934967980

Totally not an x-wing!

Hahaha, it looks like they made 1 improvement, the Jeep's (we'll just call it what it is) doors have been made into proper doors.

Looks like Star Wars - Galaxy Squad - Space Police - LEGO City mushup.

I don't see any functionality in the police station, and the designers have used little SNOT technique on the models. I appreciate the political correctness they have observed, but adding noses to the figures is offensive to people without noses so that's another strike for them. The box isn't too bad, it shows the product well (with a single overview shot rather than in-depth pictures, but it's not a big deal), however the misleading front image depicting three cars is deceiving to customers.

The colour scheme is well thought out, with the standard black-and-white in use with nice blue-and-red lights. The awkwardly coloured floor of the headquarters is unnecessary however and adds an eyesore to the set (if you can stop looking at the noses for more than a minute). However, another misleading aspect is the photo of a helmet on the front and back - such an accessory is not included with the kit, and hence customers are deceived yet again.

But the biggest gripe for me is the 'Compatible with other brands' statement. Utter bullpoo. The only way you can get those parts to fit onto a LEGO piece is to grab a flame-thrower and melt them into liquid, pour them over the desired LEGO brick and solidify them again.

In short, I'd give it:

Design - 6/10

Playability - 2/10

Box - 5/10

Overall - 4.33/10

I appreciate the political correctness they have observed, but adding noses to the figures is offensive to people without noses so that's another strike for them.

Voldermort is now particularly offended by this product  :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.