And Scooby Doo, if You Come Through, You're Gonna Have Yourself a LEGO Set

emily

• 1 month later...

I don't get how any reaction is appropriate right now. They're just names! We haven't even seen the sets themselves yet.

Objecting to the very idea of a Scooby-Doo theme? I can understand. Objecting to the design of the sets? I can understand. But we've already passed the former and haven't reached the latter yet... There's literally nothing to react to right now.

• Like 4

We're reacting to the confirmation of what was formally just a rumor. Also I don't object to Scooby Doo sets necessarily. It's that thing being made into sets that befuddles, bewilders, and bothers me.

Fluffy Cupcake

That picture. It's.... it's...

You know what? I take it all back about the Scooby Doo redesign. All of it.

Because this. This... thing...

I still think the Scooby Doo redesigns are worse.

Drill Master

I promise that when this series is aired on my tv screen that I will watch the very first episode. Nothing more, nothing less. I will watch that episode to its bitter end, just to give it the benefit of the doubt. If you don't hear from me for a while after that air date, I have either

A- Died

B- Died

C- Died

or D- I have locked myself in the basement to where I have smashed the tv I watched the show on so that I may feast on its electrical insides... Died

We're reacting to the confirmation of what was formally just a rumor. Also I don't object to Scooby Doo sets necessarily. It's that thing being made into sets that befuddles, bewilders, and bothers me.

Okay, I sort of get that.

But honestly, this is a LEGO set. The new character designs look terrible, agreed, but how well is that going to come through in LEGO form? There's only so much you can do with a minifigure. Unless they go the Simpson's route and make entirely new head molds, which I doubt they'll do, then I think we'll be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

LEGO just posted this on their Facebook along with this picture...

"Jinkies! LEGO Scooby-Doo coming this August!#LEGOScoobyDoo"

10410162_10152696865598403_1046874697324

Source: https://www.facebook.com/LEGO/photos/a.10150175674793403.303596.6665038402/10152696865598403/?type=1&theater

Also there's this http://www.thebrickfan.com/first-look-at-lego-scooby-doo-mystery-mansion-75904/

Mystery Machine set was posted on the Rebrick RSS feed as well with prices and set names.

75900 Mummy Museum Mystery – $14.99

75901 Mystery Plane Adventures – TBA

75902 Mystery Machine – $29.99

75903 Haunted Lighthouse – TBA

75904 Mystery Mansion – $89.99

Source: http://www.brothers-brick.com/2015/01/23/lego-scooby-doo-sets-announced-mystery-machine-revealed-news/#more-54689

Rumors are floating in that, in conjunction with the new Warner Bros. produced Scooby Doo show, Be Cool, Scooby Doo!, we'll be seeing a new line of Scooby sets. You can see the new, totally not absolutely terrifying incarnations of the Mystery Inc gang that the sets will be based on here.

I have no mouth and I must scream.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.