And Scooby Doo, if You Come Through, You're Gonna Have Yourself a LEGO Set

emily

That's a fact!

Rumors are floating in that, in conjunction with the new Warner Bros. produced Scooby Doo show, Be Cool, Scooby Doo!, we'll be seeing a new line of Scooby sets. You can see the new, totally not absolutely terrifying incarnations of the Mystery Inc gang that the sets will be based on here.

Sources:

Hoth Bricks

The Brick Fan

Phantom Terror

Warner Bros. Please no.

Anyways, if this (the sets) becomes a thing, and the minifigures/minidolls aren't absolutely terrifying, I'd be more than happy to pick up a Mystery Machine.

• Like 3

They better not touch Samurai Jack or The Magic School Bus...

The Magic School Bus is slated for a new incarnation in fabulous 3D sometime coming up, I think as a Netflix original.

gallery_3221_470_1366.png

RUH ROH, REGO!!

Those redesigns are, in a word, terrible. For DECADES, we've had the same general designs for the Mystery Inc. gang, and now...

*sigh* As long as we get normal Minifig heads and not minidolls, we should be more-or-less fine. I'll actually get myself a Mystery Machine set, too.

UNLESS THEY REDESIGN THAT ALONG WITH THOSE MEDDLING KIDS.

• Like 5

Phantom Terror

I'll actually get myself a Mystery Machine set, too.

UNLESS THEY REDESIGN THAT ALONG WITH THOSE MEDDLING KIDS.

If it ends up being anything other than a VW camper van-styled vehicle, I'm gonna flip a table.

• Like 2

JrMasterModelBuilder
in lieu of the new Warner Bros. produced Scooby Doo show, Be Cool, Scooby Doo!, we'll be seeing a new line of Scooby sets.

"In lieu of" meaning "in place of"? If that's what they would look like, I would be okay with that.

• Like 2

in lieu of the new Warner Bros. produced Scooby Doo show, Be Cool, Scooby Doo!, we'll be seeing a new line of Scooby sets.

"In lieu of" meaning "in place of"? If that's what they would look like, I would be okay with that.

One could only wish.

One could only wish.

Yeah, sorry, that's just me using big words without knowing what they mean. Fixed.

• Like 4

While we're pointing out your mistakes, "comploo?"

The song goes "if you come through"

i

well you see

i thought

to make comply rhyme with doo

...also fixed

The first time I haven't seen the link to the redesign and thought: What's so bad about the redesign?

Then I found the link... ...and had to remember the following comic, I made:

gallery_1586_364_37103.png

About the idea to make Lego sets based on the redesigned Scooby Doo series: What can possibly go wrong? Maybe they will get even BIGGER heads than the Simpsons minifigures ;).

• Like 3

Fluffy Cupcake

Ouch, it's like Teen Titans Go all over again.

I didn't mind TTG, but that is probably because I've never heard of or seen the original before watching it. Everyone who has seen the original seems to hate it.

Anyway, those redesigns... eww.  :x

Can LEGO stop popping out licensed sets every 5 minutes already to make a quick buck.

Who asked for this? seriously? where is the demand for Scooby sets? Either TLG is trying to ride on the back of WB or WB is trying to ride the back of TLG for promotion. There is this other site called LEGO Ideas full of products people want, maybe you've heard of it LEGO.

I do not understand the re-design. It's like they got the all time well known design and asked themselves: how can we make these more revolting?

• Like 4

ProfessorBrickkeeper

We would've gotten away without them too, if it weren't for those meddling LEGO execs.

I really hope that the orgin of this rumor is just a guy in a mask and nothing but a hoax.

sorry, i'll stop now

• Like 2

Quisoves Potoo

Those Scooby Doo redesigns look like they just stepped out of some adult cartoon. I wish they'd go back to where they came from.

Indeed, there is something cynical in their style.

Also, the title. Why? I'm usually slow to say this kind of thing, but it sounds like a five-year old came up with it.

It shall be interesting to see the minifigures. They might well turn out better than their inspirations.

Eh, I mentor some kids for another family and they really enjoy Scooby Doo. It's only a few kids out of the world's population, but the fact is that if kids still enjoy Scooby Doo enough for it to still be on TV, then LEGO isn't making a bad move by producing sets for it. And the redesign of the cast may be horrific to us - older generations used (and attached by nostalgia, probably) to the original designs - but as with most redesigns, the newer generations will still love it/won't have seen older versions. If you showed the old Scooby Doo to a little kid who has only seen this redesign, they'd probably think it rubbish.

And besides, LEGO can be confident that older generations will buy the product anyway, because we're stupid fools that buy from every nostalgic whim we get. :P

1020852-hit-entertainment-unveils-new-cg

~Bob the builder~

~Can you fix it?~

~Bob the builder~

~No you can't!~

My God. That picture. It's.... it's...

You know what? I take it all back about the Scooby Doo redesign. All of it.

Because this. This... thing...

...this picture is literally the worst thing I have seen throughout this year. Heck, maybe even this DECADE.

Please TV producers, for all of our sakes, please just leave old kid's TV shows alone. They don't deserve ugly reboots like this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.