Water lot of Chaos (OR how Ayliffe destroyed LR2 with Ctrl-Alt-Delete)

Ayliffe

WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES AND INSANITY AHEAD. 

So I was shoving all of the diggers from the construction site into a lake for some reason, I exited the game via Ctrl-Alt-Delete to paste the screenshot of all the diggers into Powerpoint (yes, thats how I do screenshots, with printscreen), and when I re-entered the game this happened:

gallery_7696_472_28809.jpg

gallery_7696_472_19831.jpg

gallery_7696_472_5351.jpg

So naturally after this discovery, I decided the logical thing to do was to see if this glitch works on other areas on Sandy Bay, so I tried it in the water near the bridge:

gallery_7696_472_43077.jpg

So, where's all the water gon-

gallery_7696_472_11131.jpg

Ah. Right.

gallery_7696_472_31354.jpg

After this misadventure, I went back to my first lake and started playing my second-favourite game in LR2: Seeing how many diggers I could shove into one lake :P

gallery_7696_472_16576.jpg

So far, my record is 3 (I lost one of them over the side of a cliff) :P

gallery_7696_472_20798.jpg

After this, I hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete in the water AGAIN and the glitch came back

gallery_7696_472_12538.jpg

gallery_7696_472_1479.jpg

gallery_7696_472_7303.jpg

gallery_7696_472_10267.jpg

gallery_7696_472_13599.jpg

gallery_7696_472_10135.jpg

Later on, when I had got to Dino Island I did the same Ctrl-Alt-Delete trick, but instead of the same thing happening blue stripes kept on flashing on the screen repeatedly which were really hard to printscreen, so I gave up.

gallery_7696_472_27208.jpg

After this failed attempt, I moved on to the Arctic world (I skipped Mars for some reason, I'll probably go back to it later) and tried to do the Ctrl-Alt-Delete trick, and this happened:

gallery_7696_472_33839.jpg

There was water here. There isn't any more :P

Apart from that, not much else happened in this area of the map except for the random flashes of blue that I talked about earlier.

But then I tried it in the cracked ice area. And something very different happened...  :P

gallery_7696_472_29670.jpg

Yep. For some reason when you do it in one of the pools of ice in the cracked ice area, when you re-enter the game the submarine will immediately surface in that pool of water :P

gallery_7696_472_6483.jpg

Also at the start of one of the bonus games, without me doing anything this happened.

When I started up my engine the rest of the snowmobile appeared though. :P

gallery_7696_472_22838.jpg

So after this I was about to give up on searching for glitches, but then I had the idea of trying Ctrl-Alt-Delete in the Arctic foyer area.

And then all hell broke loose. :P

gallery_7696_472_13133.jpg

'Tis a piece of modern art :mo::P

gallery_7696_472_2081.jpg

A VOID TO INFINITY HAS OCCURRED! :chief:

gallery_7696_472_21920.jpg

Glass portals methinks? :P

gallery_7696_472_10490.jpg

Inside the kaleidoscope of glass :P

gallery_7696_472_10583.jpg

TRIANGLES AHOY! :P

gallery_7696_472_3715.jpg

Erm....Ceiling spectrum?

And last of all, whatever this is....

gallery_7696_472_8477.jpg

Nope, I have no clue either :P

And if you've actually made it to the bottom of this pile of images, here's some really bad ascii art...!

[:}//-Z

It's a man in a straitjacket running... I think :P

Thanks for looking! :P

• Like 7

playing my second-favourite game in LR2: Seeing how many diggers I could shove into one lake

@ You need to edit the main menu. Among other things it should have "Digger Lakes" or something. And every single object should be a digger. l405G.jpg

You use Ctrl+Alt+Delete to paste screenshots into POWERPOINT?

1) Tried Paint?

2) Tried running in windowed?

3) Tried using Win+D or Alt+Tab?

That's literally the craziest way of grabbing screenshots I've seen.

ascii

ASCII. It's an acronym. (Or an anacronym, quite possibly). l405G.jpg

JrMasterModelBuilder

You use Ctrl+Alt+Delete to paste screenshots into POWERPOINT?

1) Tried Paint?

2) Tried running in windowed?

3) Tried using Win+D or Alt+Tab?

That's literally the craziest way of grabbing screenshots I've seen.

Doesn't LR2 have a printscreen hotkey? I'm pretty sure I've used it before. F10 maybe, or one of the other function keys.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you need to find something more valuable to do with your time then shoving cars into water. ;)

Nevertheless, strange bug you've found there. Although I'm more concerned about the fact that you're driving a police car without a license.

Wouldn't the car's engines normally flood and be too cool to run in water? I guess LR2 wasn't exactly going for realistic. :P

lego-escher-lego-time-too-much-physics-l

I think it rarely does. ;)

• Like 2

LR2 indeed doesn't follow the laws of physics.

Hardly news. l405G.jpg I think the best was climbing up the cliff to that volcano on Dino Island. l405G.jpg

Hold on... Press F10 in LR2 F10 also works in LI2. Print Screen in LR saves a BMP in the exe folder.

That's very, very helpful. Thanks a lot! You really pulled my brick out of the fire! l405G.jpg

Silly people, don't you know physics is only a suggestion? :P

Well... to be fair, about 90% of the games have strange physics.... I'll list a couple of them.

LR2: No explanation needed. l405G.jpg

Freedom Planet: Drive a motorcycle up a wall. l405G.jpg

War of The Ring: Person gets hit by shrapnel from catapult and doesn't lose a single bit of heath.

AOE2: Units can't go through a single line of tress. l405G.jpg Attacking a farm with a ram results in the ram hitting a good metre off the ground and a flame springing up in the middle that is extinguished by hammering nails. l405G.jpg

The Hobbit (2003): While sliding, you slide upwards and the firewood you're sliding after never falls of the narrow ledge despite bouncing around madly. l405G.jpg

And so forth. l405G.jpg

Fluffy Cupcake

Triva: That was a thing the devs did for the joke of it one time during development. Everyone including Strife (developer) loved it so much and thought it'd be a fun addition to the game, so it was kept in. The wall driving was completely intentional, unlike the physics in the other games you've listed.

Triva: That was a thing the devs did for the joke of it one time during development. Everyone including Strife (developer) loved it so much and thought it'd be a fun addition to the game, so it was kept in. The wall driving was completely intentional, unlike the physics in the other games you've listed.

It's still a massive abusation of physics. l405G.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.