Stunt Rally unused/beta files

lol username

Let's start this off with some beta UI stuff. Take a look at these beta screenshots:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=468828

34449_full.jpg

image20.jpg

Some of the textures for this early UI seem to be lurking in the final game, in ART0001frontend. For example:

FySf4gR.png

Still going through stuff. Will update this post if more is found.

SXJVPlO.png

lol

Looks like characters were going to have in-game text describing them at one point; there's placeholder text files for that.

Interesting, I didn't really go through the files myself. Thought i'd leave that to someone who recognizes them better.

I assume that wheel was probably for a menu banner?

No, it's in with other tire textures.

Considering how absolutely small the cars in-game I'm amazed they had such a high-res textures for just the wheels.

Nah, this thing was for the workshop, where you choose your car (though the actual textures for the final tires are a bit smaller).

They have the worst string loading system ever. One string per file? that setup is awful.

I assume mdf might mean something like Moto Data File, looks like a multipurpose information file.

• 1 year later...
TheBillionTonBrick
On 11/18/2014 at 4:16 PM, Cyrem said:

They have the worst string loading system ever. One string per file? that setup is awful.

I assume mdf might mean something like Moto Data File, looks like a multipurpose information file.

I've been wondering what the mdf files were myself. I'm guessing they might even be the game's main programming files.

Have you ever tried decompressing any of them?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.