Welcome Guest!

Did you know you that by registering, you can gain access to new special powers? You’ll be able to reply to Topics, create your own Topics, talk in our Chatbox, message members, manage your profile, access extra content and much more! Best of all, this message & ads will vanish!

Terrev

Stunt Rally unused/beta files

7 posts in this topic

Let's start this off with some beta UI stuff. Take a look at these beta screenshots:

Please login or register to see this link.

34449_full.jpg

image20.jpg

Some of the textures for this early UI seem to be lurking in the final game, in ART0001frontend. For example:

FySf4gR.png

Still going through stuff. Will update this post if more is found.

SXJVPlO.png

lol

Looks like characters were going to have in-game text describing them at one point; there's placeholder text files for that.

5 people like this

Interesting, I didn't really go through the files myself. Thought i'd leave that to someone who recognizes them better.

I assume that wheel was probably for a menu banner?

No, it's in with other tire textures.

No, it's in with other tire textures.

Considering how absolutely small the cars in-game I'm amazed they had such a high-res textures for just the wheels.

Nah, this thing was for the workshop, where you choose your car (though the actual textures for the final tires are a bit smaller).

They have the worst string loading system ever. One string per file? that setup is awful.

I assume mdf might mean something like Moto Data File, looks like a multipurpose information file.

On 11/18/2014 at 4:16 PM, Cyrem said:

They have the worst string loading system ever. One string per file? that setup is awful.

I assume mdf might mean something like Moto Data File, looks like a multipurpose information file.

I've been wondering what the mdf files were myself. I'm guessing they might even be the game's main programming files.

Have you ever tried decompressing any of them?