Local store still selling Dirt Crusher RC! Wait...

Jimbob

So we've already had a >few >other >topics about individual clone brands. Well, I went to a couple of shops in Bluewater today and came across these sets. Firstly...

2012a-2_05.jpg.jpg

Look familiar? Oh yes, of course, that awesome RC car we all know:

8369-1.jpg

And, while not as closely copied, here's another clone brand.

E20262_800.jpg

Except I've got the source on this one!

Clone brands are nothing new, but to see them in the highly revered (or at least, once was) shopping centre that is Bluewater?

shocked.gif

MaelstromIslander

Woma Star Wars

I have no idea what a woma is, but i do know that they stole the franchise name "Star Wars", so thats two copyright laws broken. :P

I wasn't entirely sure what you were referring to with that, but I Googled it and this came up:

698958242_376.jpg

Which is either a clone of, or was cloned by, the kit I posted...

E20158_800.jpg

So what, we have a clone of a clone of LEGO?

• Like 2

Oh man, I wanted that RC car so badly. :( However, I do have this still: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/8378_Red_Beast_RC :D

"hawkin.com" Yea... I would not expect a company who's domain is hawkin.com and is named "Hawkin's Bazaar" to sell non-bootleg any toy, LEGO or otherwise.

EDIT

Have you ever read The Toybox of Fail? There are clones of clones in there all the time. xD

Have you ever read The Toybox of Fail? There are clones of clones in there all the time. xD

Yeah, that site's pretty funny! It's a shame they stopped about 5 years ago.

There's actually a Hawkin's Bazaar store in the shopping centre here. Haven't been in it for ages though. :)

I went in there a couple of times, but the fact that they had 'adult' products on sale next to the kiddies toys... I didn't appreciate that. I think they had some good vintage stuff though?

Wow lol, I don't know what to think. xD

Feel sorry for the minifigures in clone LEGO sets. ;)

Oh wow, talk about a flashback...now I want to get that RC set though (the official one).

Ah, it was probably a lot of kids' must-have toy when it was out. Although apparently the Supersonic RC that preceded it was pretty darn good too.

I wasn't entirely sure what you were referring to with that, but I Googled it and this came up:

698958242_376.jpg

Which is either a clone of, or was cloned by, the kit I posted...

E20158_800.jpg

I picked up a variation of these things a few years ago for the heck of it, under the brand name Super Blox, by Cra-Z-Art:

http://www.amazon.com/Superblox-Deluxe-Space-Battle-Construction/dp/B003XIHWRK

So, which one is the "original"? How many layers of building block brand inception are going on here?

http://www.hawkin.com/space-set-medium

Also, if you don't recognize the space station in the Super Blox set...

http://brickset.com/sets/7467-1/International-Space-Station

(Super Blox had some bootlegs of other LEGO sets too, like a Drome Racers car, but I haven't seem them on shelves recently.)

• Like 1

ProfessorBrickkeeper

"hawkin.com" Yea... I would not expect a company who's domain is hawkin.com and is named "Hawkin's Bazaar" to sell non-bootleg any toy, LEGO or otherwise.

Now, if it was hawkin.net, that would be a different story.

(Yes, I know it redirects to hawkin.com)

ProfessorBrickkeeper

The idea of bootlegs partially or totally stealing logos from the actual products is no recent or rare occurance. For example...

...The Hobpit...

lele-78051-hobbit-lord-rings-lego-bootle

...The Simpsons... (You have to get a load of these)

bootleg-simpsons-sets-1.jpg

bootleg-simpsons-sets-2.jpg

...and- the LEGO Movie?

cinco-lego-pelicula-regalo-ideal-cumplea

• Like 2

...The Simpsons... (You have to get a load of these)

WHAT THEEEEEEEEEE

That's Saruman's little chamber room from LoTR. What... what... whaaa...... *trails off*

And that's something from Ninjago? What is going on?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.