LEGO Minecraft Sets Released

STUDZ

The online LEGO Store has put up availability for the Minifigure-scaled Minecraft sets for this Winter.

What's the catch? They're only available in Europe at the moment. The US and Canada will be getting the sets on the 15th of this month. For those waiting for these sets, at least that's not too much of a setback.

So far, France, the UK, and Germany can order the sets, and no shortages seem to be present at the time of this writing. For any British RRU members who want the Minecraft sets, now would be a good time to put aside an order.

And with that, the first of the Winter 2015 sets have been released for the masses. Only a matter of time before the rest of the sets get released for the Christmas season.

Sources: http://brickset.com/article/12877/minecraft-sets-available-now

That Ender Dragon looks like something out of a kids' TV programme. Maybe it's the tiny front arms, maybe it's the short tail, maybe it's the eyes, but it looks horrible.

But wait? Purple bricks? Pfft, they're just 1x1 studs and 2x2 circles.

I've voice my opinion somewhere else on this... probably your other news report...

I mean, they were better as mini modules.

Spelling aside (G8Zgj.jpg), I agree. This just seems like an attempt to go "OOH MONEY MONEY MONEY PLS." I'm not sure how well these will turn out as playsets. Lego can't hover blocks. G8Zgj.jpg And there aren't really enough... minifigures?... people? in the set for it to have all that much play value.

In the UK they've been popping up in Lego's own stores for about a week now, and I saw a couple of them in John Lewis on the 30th and yesterday, so if you can't get them direct from Lego have a look around to see if you can get them elsewhere ;)

As for the sets themselves, a couple of them look pretty nice (the farm, the first night) but the rest of the sets are either not very good (the end, possibly the cave) or incredibly overpriced (crafting box, the mine). After seeing a couple of them in person at the Lego store, I'm probably gonna get the farm and the first night, but I may wait until John Lewis puts down the prices after Christmas before I even think about getting the others.

EDIT: 101 posts! Yay?

Yeah I've seen these hanging around the stores in England for a little while, I'm a little surprised that we've got them first! When I first heard news of these figure Minecraft sets, I didn't like the figures and also didn't see the point of the sets. I also thought they were expensive for a small amount. But seeing them set up in the stores, I'll admit that they actually look pretty decent. Still not enough for me to buy one myself, but I think they're alright, and if you're a big Minecraft fan then I don't think you'll be disappointed.

PlatonicWaffles

I'm a kinda big fan of Minecraft, but the sets thus far seem... okayish.

They look good and faithful to the game, but there's something that feels like there's missing from them. I might buy The First Night in the future when it's cheaper, but other than that I'm not exactly sure if I'm sold or not. I much preferred the miniworld sets, even if they were priced pretty steeply (IMO.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.