LEGO Bootleg Games For Sega Genesis

lol username

http://bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/LEGO_Batman

LEGO Batman is a platformer based on the 2008 J2ME version of LEGO Batman: The Mobile Game, released in Russia for the Sega Mega Drive in 2014. The game was also made on the same engine as Ben 10, Mario 4 - Space Odyssey ect.

http://bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/LEGO_Pirates_of_the_Caribbean

Yep.

xdlQggp.gif

• Like 10

Did Lego have any control over the creation of these? Because I highly doubt Lego had much (or any) control over the game.

No they didn't. A "Bootleg" is a fake, it's made by some dodgy company out to make some money on other company's IP.

I bet these games were not as successful as the official ones.

You don't say... :P

Mind you though... They actually look harder. :P

Who made these, and why are the videos in what looks like Russian?

I bet these games were not as successful as the official ones.

Of course, they are for Sega Genisis, a very old console. Most people would be using emulators or Genesis copy consoles to play them. Plus these look like there we only made available in Russia. If they were anywhere else they probably would not be able to get away with selling them.

So, people these days are still making games on Sega Genesis? I don't get it.

Oh wait, Russia? Now I get it.

• Like 3

Is Russia still stuck 3 generations ago?

So, people these days are still making games on Sega Genesis?

Nothing wrong with making games for older systems...

...except when they're older than I am.

I have four of them. Two model 1s, and two model 2s. Older games can still be fun today.

Have you not seen my member title?

I have four of them. Two model 1s, and two model 2s. Older games can still be fun today.

Have you not seen my member title?

But you're a collector, and I presume you'd want to collect rare titles from the era, not new games made years later when the console is far past its discontinue date.

I have never seen a Genesis in my entire life in the flesh, and nobody I know ever owned one. I cannot fathom how a company decided, when mobile platforms and mobile consoles like the Ouya exist, to choose the Genesis. They're only limiting their profit in the long run.

But you're a collector, and I presume you'd want to collect rare titles from the era, not new games made years later when the console is far past its discontinue date.

True, they're not something I'd actively look for, but if I came across one cheap enough I'd probably get it for novelty value.

I have never seen a Genesis in my entire life in the flesh, and nobody I know ever owned one.

You've never seen one in person? :o

I cannot fathom how a company decided, when mobile platforms and mobile consoles like the Ouya exist, to choose the Genesis. They're only limiting their profit in the long run.

They probably also have clone consoles...

Older games can still be fun today.

No one said they are not fun. It's the fact that someone is still making retro games for an old console, while there is this thing called Computer, is stupid.

Seriously, I can't understand why you brought that phrase there. :P

6:22. Batman punches Santa. Because sharks, Robin and badguys just aren't abundant enough.

Is Russia still stuck 3 generations ago?

Is McJobless asking rhetorical questions again?

Anyway, the existence of these games, simply as artifacts is fascinating. I used to do some programming on an Apple II GS computer, so I understand people still doing things with old platforms, but for it to be profitable to actually bootleg a large company and distribute bootleg games is not something I imagined.

But I hope those poor citizens of Yakutsk enjoy hitting Santa for not giving them jetpacks to get off their permafrost purgatory.

• Like 2

ProfessorBrickkeeper

wow.

I've seen some terrible bootleg and fan games in my time, but this is just so *pfffffffft*.

still more innovative than tt, though

Oh wait, Russia? Now I get it.

Did Putin have anything to do with this? (See: punching Santa)

• Like 3

Did Putin have anything to do with this? (See: punching Santa)

Putin, in a desperate gambit to win over the progressive leaders of the world, has declared that he has backed a new offensive in the War against Christmas.

• Like 4

Putin, in a desperate gambit to win over the progressive leaders of the world, has declared that he has backed a new offensive in the War against Christmas.

I'm no expert on the progressive leaders of the world, but I have a feeling that this may not bring in the popularity he's looking for. 

I think it would be fun. The only thing is, who's going to play it other than retro collectors or people who run emulation software? Maybe 1 or 2 people?

What I would like to know is, how in Russia are games like the ones in the OP acquired? was it found in a store or just in some crummy market?

ProfessorBrickkeeper

I think it would be fun. The only thing is, who's going to play it other than retro collectors or people who run emulation software? Maybe 1 or 2 people?

What I would like to know is, how in Russia are games like the ones in the OP acquired? was it found in a store or just in some crummy market?

"Retro collectors or people who run emulation software?" Cyrem, are you by any chance considering adding these to RRU as part of the forum restructuring process?

• Like 1

A lot of second or third world countries tend to sell stuff like this, (especially the middle east) both in small stores or flea markets. Modded GTA bootlegs are really common.

'>

http://imgur.com/a/q1acl

http://i.imgur.com/NfVN1.jpg 

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
RacerRabbit

Just watched the gameplay of the Batman one. One interesting thing about it is that the music on the title screen appears to be a Sega Genesis version of the Corneria theme from the original Starfox on SNES.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.