skeleton parts?

lexi2310

Hi guys, hope you're all well and dandy! I am so glad I found this forum (thank you TV tropes!)

I wanted to talk about something that usually sticks to my mind whenever I think of Lego Racers or Halloween. I don't play it much these days, though I'll give it a go from time to time for nostalgia reasons. I decided to reinstall the game on my pc today, the version I played growing up, It's fast approaching Halloween after all, so the something in question has came out to play once again.

When I was younger I used to play Lego Racers a lot, at the time it was actually the only racing game I had (well my dad had toca which I never really touched). One day I was going through the create a character screen, I usually always pick the skeleton head, it's so adorable! And I adore the voice that goes with it. Usually I would select any body that didn't have human like hands, it always felt off seeing a skeleton with living hands haha. Anyway I was scrolling through the options for the torsos and spotted something pretty unusual, it was a skeleton torso, there was also some legs and I could select basils car before I even unlocked his cup which seemed really off. I did manage to race through red beards cup, after that I don't recall much but I know the body type disappeared from the select screen after some time.

Now I know you guys may think I am just making this up, I mean I want to just say that it was all a dream but I clearly remember it happening. this seemed to occur close to Halloween, I remember it being sometime after and it did seem to fit the theme so I actually assumed it was related to a holiday bonus, so whenever Halloween was mentioned I always thought of that day. I know I could of looked into this before and I don't actually know why I didn't, maybe it was because I couldn't find any Lego forums, I don't remember at all.

I wanted to ask, has anyone else ever experienced something like this? Am I going mad, do holiday related events happen, was it a glitch? Or did I accidentally enter some weird code? And I am being one hundred percent serious. I would be most grateful if anyone could help me figure this out ^-^

Everything in the game is on the disk. So theoretically if they put a holiday event on the disk that looked at the date on your computer to see if it was a holiday they could have a holiday event. I, personally, have never witnessed such a thing and I have never heard of it, but if they did put any sort of thing in the game, you could change your computer's date to halloween and see if anything changes

Ill give it a try thank you very much! Gosh I keep forgetting you can do that x-x. I'll give it a try when I can and see if anything happens.

hmmm nothing happened after setting it to Halloween, I guess it must of been a dream or a cheat ill never discover xD. I am surprised I never tried that date thing before, I guess I was just too busy with other stuff and never got around to it or something.

I haven't explored absolutely every corner of LEGO Racers' internals, but I haven't seen any models for skeleton pieces in where I have poked around. Haven't heard anybody else report any date-related easter eggs either. Are you thinking of Ann Droid's pieces or maybe confusing it with the holiday easter eggs in LEGO Loco?

Oh it was surely a skeleton (I do usually use the android pieces to get around the hand thing) and the fact lego loco had holiday themed pieces really convinced me it could of been possible (I forgot to mention sorry :( )I might spend some time digging at bit more myself, I don't really work so I got plenty of time ^-^ Ill be sure to let you all know if I do find anything. I am suddenly all fired up about digging deeper into this now xD 

Well, I'm going to say "Pics or it didn't happen". Snobby, perhaps, but a great many members here have been through all the files in the game (myself included) and not found any evidence of this at all.

When you say you encountered a skeleton, was it a custom 3D model or a standard figure re-textured? I.e. did it look something like this:

gallery_5738_275_106535.png

Or this:

Skeleton.png

It was a skeleton, no custom. I know I can't just poof evidence out of thin air and I know my word isn't enough honestly I know. I tried my method, it didn't work and I know joeytheleo and jamesstar aren't convinced but a strong part of me wants to believe and I want to at least try with one more method. Honestly you are all most likely right and ill gladly give up once I try this. I guess the child in me doesn't want to give up yet. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.