Extending the Licence

RocketRacer123

RocketRacer123

Hello everyone. I'm just wondering if it's possible to extend the licence on LEGO Racers. I'm not entirely sure if it's possible to do this, but if it is, could somebody please explain how to do it. Thank you.  :)

Seeing as the part lists of the Character Creation section (headgear, heads, bodies, legs) are limited to about 30~, and I'm pretty sure that's hardcoded, I doubt that the license name can be extended either.

I've had a look at the racer save files in 's >Racer Importer/Exporter, and it appears they all have a set 14-character (or it might be 13, can't tell if the extra blanks are used or not) string for the file name. Which probably reinforces the theory.

• Like 1

I once tried to find a way by using the Cheat Engine. I actually really found addresses but every time I tried to go on with the car builder the game crashed (sooner or later)...

• Like 1

RocketRacer123

Seeing as the part lists of the Character Creation section (headgear, heads, bodies, legs) are limited to about 30~, and I'm pretty sure that's hardcoded, I doubt that the license name can be extended either.

I've had a look at the racer save files in 's >Racer Importer/Exporter, and it appears they all have a set 14-character (or it might be 13, can't tell if the extra blanks are used or not) string for the file name. Which probably reinforces the theory.

I once tried to find a way by using the Cheat Engine. I actually really found addresses but every time I tried to go on with the car builder the game crashed (sooner or later)...

Excellent! I've got it to work! Thanks a lot guys!  :)

Well since you asked I decided to (briefly) try it myself. The result was the same as alan; it didn't like the invalid racer and crashed itself. I'm surprised it didn't give me a "too many racers" error like it usually does.

Excellent! I've got it to work! Thanks a lot guys!

Ay? Got what to work? What are you talking about now?

• Like 1

RocketRacer123

Awesome! Would you be able to elaborate on how? If you managed to increase the license name length I'd be interested to hear. :)

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to increase the licence name length, but I did however download the Cyrem's Racer Importer/Exporter, and that works perfectly. There might be a way of increasing the licence name length, but unfortunately, I'm afraid I don't know how to do it.  :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.