Classic LEGO Games Ported to Garry's Mod/SFM

Fluffy Cupcake

so... i found your beautifully nostalgic offroad cars, and i'm wondering where the download is? it sent me to the upload on deviantart

Fluffy Cupcake

Congratulations. I just found out that you are the first person to download it. :(

Apparently I forgot to tick the enable download box. Download button should be present now.

• 2 months later...
Fluffy Cupcake

This image is enough. Several requests can be spotted in here.

coming_soon_by_segatendo12-d8qyoa9.png

I get the feeling I'm going to regret putting that text in the picture.

Unlike what his head direction says, Pepper is skating away from The Brickster (see skateboard direction)

Oh by the way, can someone who owns a Toa and a minifigure give me the scale comparison between the two? I don't have any on me and Google images comes up with nothing when trying to find both in the same picture. I'd just like to know something general like where on the body does the minifigure head stop (no tall hats).

Edited by Xiron
Updated Picture
  • Like 5

There is so much awesomeness in that picture, you've certainly got a cookie from me - and I don't burn mine, unlike Addict.

Speaking roughly, I think a minifigure comes up to about knee-height on one of the original Toa Mata, so Gali is way too small in that picture. I measured a figure against the new Lewa and it touches the bottom of his silver knee pad, so I judged it with the old Toa Mata based on the below image.

150124b-lego-bionicle-old-vs-new.jpg

• Like 1

Oh, boy!  I can hardly wait for these to go public!

Anyways, the Toa toys are much, much larger than minifigs, so that's an unrealistic scale to work with when it comes to Garry's Mod.  Here's two alternative options:

According to BIONICLE canon, the average Toa stands at roughly 1.6 bio (the basic unit in BIONICLE's fictional measuring system), and according to the conversion rate 1 bio = 4.5 feet = 1.37 meters, that means that a Toa should be about 7.2 feet or 2.192 meters tall.  Apparently, there is a specific conversion rate of in-game "units" to real-world distance.  It's all Greek to me, but if you want to have a look, this might be a useful starting point.

If you want to determine height relative to minifig height, you can also refer to the BIONICLE minifigs for comparison.  Here's a quick render in LEGO Digital Designer, with a standard minifig to the left, a Toa Inika in the center, and a Hero Factory character to the right (included because, if the BIONICLE reboot ever does minifig-scale sets, they'll probably use the Invasion From Below scale instead of the BIONICLE Playset scale).  As you can see, the Toa is about a head taller than the minifig.  Make of that what you will, if at all.

Edited by PeabodySam
Agh, the post-upgrade formatting is all wonky!
  • Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm not going to go with accurate real world scale because these are toys and would be quite tiny to work with otherwise.

As for the second alt, I'm not looking for Bionicle minifigures. I think what JJ said has been most helpful so far. Thanks anyway.

I'm admittedly a little confused by your post.  You're not going by real-world scale, but the real-world scale of minifig to Toa is more useful than an "in-universe" scale of minifig to Toa?

What I was trying to say is that, "in-universe", the average height of a Toa is about 7.2 feet.  Let's just say (for the purposes of this post) that the average height of human males is about 5.7 feet.  That would mean that a Toa would be about 25% taller than a human male.  Since there are already plenty of humans already available in Garry's Mod, that gives you a good point of comparison when trying to determine how tall to make the Toa ragdolls in this game.  Alternatively, if you can figure out the conversion factor between Source engine "units" and real-world feet, then you could pinpoint an exact amount of "units" to set the Toa's height.

Now, unlike Toa, minifigs have no set "in-universe" height.  Minifigs represent humans, however, so you could assume that a minifig's height is the average human height.  My second proposal was just saying that, if you wanted something a little more "accurate", refer to Toa minifigures for comparison.

Obviously, I don't expect that you're making these ragdolls toy-sized (that, as you said, would be ridiculously small and a pain to work with in Garry's Mod), otherwise I wouldn't have gone on and on rambling about how Toa are 7.2 feet tall when their toys are most definitely not 7.2 feet tall.  What I'm trying to say is that, since the real-world minifigure only comes up to a real-world Toa's shin, then I'm not sure why that's useful to your work... unless you were going to make the Garry's Mod minifigures only as tall as the Toa's shin, in which case once again you run into the risk of making these minifig ragdolls (which, again, are meant to represent humans) way too small.

I guess I'm just confused and I have no idea what I'm talking about or what your intents are as far as the minifig/Toa height comparison goes.

Fluffy Cupcake

Pardon me, but I think I was the one with misunderstanding in your post, I apologize. I do understand a bit better now after that second post though.

Anyway, how is this looking? I didn't do measurements, just scaled it up by about 75%. It's a little bit shorter than minifigure head-to-knee size, and it is somewhere between 1/3 - 1/4 larger then human.

2015_04_24_00006.jpg

Edited by Xiron

Pardon me, but I think I was the one with misunderstanding in your post, I apologize. I do understand a bit better now after that second post though.

Anyway, how is this looking? I didn't do measurements, just scaled it up by about 75%. It's a little bit shorter than minifigure head-to-knee size, and it is somewhere between 1/3 - 1/4 larger then human.

​Still a little on the tall side, I think.

Just for laughs, I took your screenshot, measured the heights of Tahu and Henry Freeman (that's not his canon name, but that's the name most people know him by thanks to Full Life Consequences) in pixels, and resized Tahu to 125% Henry's height (going by the sample calculations in my previous post).  This was the result: Tahu stands about a head taller than Henry. This makes more sense to me, and it even supports my earlier notion of comparing minifig heights, where the Toa minifig is about a head taller than the "average human" minifig (though, if that's still not the scale you want to use, then I'll stop beating that dead horse).  Again, feel free to make of this what you will.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

Really? Haha, I wasn't planning on keeping it, it isn't even that good. :P

Some of you are probably wondering when the release is, well it does take an hour or two (or more) to do one ragdoll, and before I release I'd like to at least:

1. Get all the Toa in
2. Finish getting the remainder of the LR boss cars & minifigures in.
3. Possibly add more other minifigures

After then I can release and get on to doing updates afterwards. You wouldn't believe how many times I've had to return to already completed models because I found a way to improve them.

List of models currently in Gmod:

Island Xtreme Stunts:
-----------------------------

Pepper Roni
The Brickster
The Infomaniac
Nick & Laura Brick
Mama & Papa Brickolini
Pepper's Skateboard
Pizza

LEGO Racers (1st & 2nd):
---------------------------------

Rocket Racer's Old Car (LR)
Old Style Rocket Racer (LR)
King Kahuka (LR)
King Kahuka's Car (LR)
Rocket Racer's New Car (LR2)
Sparky (LR2)
Guide Arrow [Animation Included] (LR2)

Various:
-----------

Bob (LEGO Universe)
Stromling (LEGO Universe)
Horse (LEGO Universe)
Cheif (Rock Raiders)
Rock Raider (Rock Raiders)
Gali Nuva (Bionicle: The Game)
Tahu Mata + Sword (Bionicle: The Game)
Miss Pippin Reed [Pilot + Adventure] (Various)

If you'd like to be an early tester hit me up.

Edited by Xiron

lol username

Y'know, I don't think Nick's arms are attached low enough.

There, I fixed it.

Cty008.JPEG

See? Much more realistic.

Edited by jamesster

Fluffy Cupcake

Haha! Think you can best me? As of late yesterday I did a bunch of bone fixing, and the arms that were quite broken did get fixed in the process. ;P

To simply put, I beat you to the punch.

Fluffy Cupcake

If you guys want to keep updated I keep a daily updated list of all the models I have completed over here: http://segatendo12.deviantart.com/art/Coming-Soon-To-A-Gmod-SFM-Near-You-529017201

What I really needs is your guy's help finding a few files though. Does anyone here know where in the LU files I can find the following:

A certain bat person's helmet

Pith Helmet

Police Hat

Generic Ballcap (I found it on a few NPC minifigures, but the angles were off because worn differently)

Chef Hat

I've searched far and wide (hats folder yes, even most minifigs) located in the meshes folder with no luck.

(for the Batlord Hat) you can't use the one in LEGO Racers?

(maybe not because you want to get higher-poly models I guess...)

Edited by lu9

oh alright.

Also, when you release this, you will release it just here or you will on the steam workshop too?

Fluffy Cupcake

It will be available on the workshop, yes.

Edit: 2 Cars, and 2 Toa left until my primary goal is reached! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Whenever I rip a world, it doesn't capture the whole world at once, only the section that is loaded (aka can be seen on screen), and even so, it comes off as a bit messy, so sorry. The .MD2 viewer is indeed for .md2 viewing and not .tdf viewing.

Also, I doubt this would be ported to Gmod either. ;P Not that that was what you were implying.

Fluffy Cupcake

So I put a snippet of the IXS Island in Gmod today... it was... just so sweet that I needed to share it somehow. I just wish I could do the whole island with full collision easily. :cry: I just put in a simple box collision on the map for me to stand on, and for me to do the whole island properly and alone would take me a good dedicated two months or one, time which I simply don't ha--- oh you guys know me, I'm always active and up to something no matter how time restricted I am, but regardless, I'm not planning on depositing time in this. It took me 6-7 non-stop hours to get this snippet done.

Here is a random picture I took in two minutes.

2015_05_20_00001.jpg

Fluffy Cupcake

Hey guys, the pack ya'll have been waiting for is out! Including many fulfilled requests.

Download for Garry's Mod:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=446871335

Download for Source Filmmaker: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=446876196

The description is pretty lengthy, so I won't be pasting them here. Have my "Out Now!!!" (updated from coming soon. :P) image in it's place.

out_now__classic_lego_game_models_for_gm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.