Drill Machine V1.0

Drill Master

Hello again, I'm here with another build that I just created in LDD simply called (for now) the Drill Machine. I haven't done a lot with LDD in a while, so I just jumped in and started placing, and this was the result.

gallery_4309_262_83763.png

gallery_4309_262_17746.png

gallery_4309_262_19544.png

Opening up the cage, you can see a storage bin that holds 2 drill bits (upper right), and the main drill itself (which is rotated backwards when stored in it's closed position).

gallery_4309_262_68515.png

The drill itself is has a very wide range and reach, and can be fully operated with the cage down.

gallery_4309_262_84968.png

gallery_4309_262_11994.png

So yeah. I may go back and revise some things for a V2.0 build, but I wanted to get something out since I haven't built anything in a while.

Anyway, let me know what you think. :)

The colour scheme is glorious. +5 GLORY :P

Thought the drill tip looks meh-ish, it doesn't come to a point. There's not much that you can do with it though...

The tracks are an excellent addition rather than wheels.

... Though there's no space for a pilot? Is this automated?

The colour scheme is glorious. +5 GLORY :P

Thought the drill tip looks meh-ish, it doesn't come to a point. There's not much that you can do with it though...

The tracks are an excellent addition rather than wheels.

... Though there's no space for a pilot? Is this automated?

That's what the black cabin is for, but I was never intending to build to minifig scale. This is just using it's own scale.

As far as the drill goes, it's a tunnel boring style drill bit, which allows it to drill holes into the rock, as well as do some surface grinding with the sides of the bit.

That is one pretty darn awesome machine, DM! Reminds me of the less-seen vehicles in the old Gerry Anderson TV shows.

Although I can't help but see the drill as some kind of dental product.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.