Minecraft Racers! Open Beta v0.02

KevinVG207

Current version: Beta v0.02

This mod is under heavy development! Come back at least once every couple weeks to see if there is an update!

I am working on a texture mod where I try to replace all textures with Minecraft textures.

I made some progress with Imperial Grand Prix (Altough some textures need to still be placed in)

Here is a video of beta v0.02:

http://youtu.be/9Hmb2DeyGaE

Here are some screenshots:

ltJmfp.png

JD1Ltc.png

OOerE8.png

3pnk0B.png

ALSO! CUSTOM FONT/Background! :D

EjSexK.png

Later, I will also try making custom sound and music.

Download Beta v0.02 down below in the attatchment!

The README file in the ZIP will help you installing and has some info on the mod. Have fun!

Older Versions:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3l99o8xwdp5brz3/MinecraftRacers.zip 0.01

-KevinVG

MinecraftRacersBeta0.02b.zip

• Like 3

You should really only post a mod topic about it AFTER you have something to show, not before. xP

I've something to show now! Hope you like it!

If you want a download or something, tell me. But I'm not done with Imperial grand prix yet.

Oh, well there wasn't screenshots the other day when I posted. :P

Aside from the sign, which I hope you plan to fix, it all looks good!

I noticed that too, I don't see a way to fix that one, other than stretching the sign texture, making it off from the original MC texture :(

Also, new picture added! I added a custom font! :D

EDIT

I also made most textures 4x as big, because the textures get SOO blurred out because of most of them being 64x64. Jeez, this game was made for very very bad PC's. (As seen in screenshot 3)

I also noticed some bugs in the polygons, because of game developers being VERY good at 3d moddeling.

uvKGsz.png

MaelstromIslander

Wow, this looks amazing! Maybe you should re-texture Admiral Woodhouse and Captain Redbeard.

I am really looking forward to this mod being completed! :D

But theres one issue i have with this mod: The "trees" on the mountain terrain dont look right. Maybe you could change them to normal mountain terrain? I see what your trying to do, but it just looks weird when actually put in-game.

Edit: Nevermind, it only looks weird in certain places.

Yeah, about the trees, I can not change how the uv mapping works on the model (or however textures are applied), but I'll take a look into the transparency soon.

Also, This mod might take longer then you think, because my parents only really allow for 1 hour of gaming each day. And I also want to play games myself so...

Edit

Transparency on the tree's leaves will be very easy, since it has that setting already. I only need to change the transparent parts to the correct color.

This is looking great, the textures fit much better than I initially thought they would!

Aside from the sign, which I hope you plan to fix, it all looks good!

I noticed that too, I don't see a way to fix that one, other than stretching the sign texture, making it off from the original MC texture :(

Ah, but Monsieur, didn't you know that we can add transparency to textures that don't normally have it? RobExplorien's done a nice tutorial on it >here. You can also completely remove any objects you don't want, or add them too, using Brickulator's object modding tutorial >here, however it's a little more advanced than basic texture modding so you may want to focus on completing that first.

Also, This mod might take longer then you think, because my parents only really allow for 1 hour of gaming each day. And I also want to play games myself so...

No one expects you to complete a mod in a week, so take your time. Do NOT pressure yourself into completing a mod by a certain deadline. After all, modding is a hobby, not a career.

Ah, but Monsieur, didn't you know that we can add transparency to textures that don't normally have it?

-

No one expects you to complete a mod in a week, so take your time. Do NOT pressure yourself into completing a mod by a certain deadline. After all, modding is a hobby, not a career.

I thought about that already. I completely forgot when I was busy.

Also, I don't want to remove anything. This mod is aesthetic only, meaning it can be used without any collision/game changes. (I do that because when, if ever, Lego Racers Online gets usable, I want to let players play with no differences, because that can be cheating.)

Indeed, I am only working on modding LR1 when I really feel like it. Thanks for your understanding.

As for the mod, I will try finishing IGP today. I will add transparency where needed and I will make the boats' flags to a painting!

As it is open for testing, any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

-KevinVG

Guys! Beta v0.02 is released! Basiccally, I now changed all textures from IGP!

The download is now an attatchment, signs fixed and transparency on certain textures added!

A youtube video will be added soon!

• 3 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.