A few modding ideas:

Ben24x7

In this topic (if you cannot tell) are ideas I've had that can possibly be made into modifications of Lego Rock Raiders for the PC. So, lets begin:

1. Custom Chief animations:

If you spend time on YouTube looking for stop-motion animations of Rock Raiders (which I've done several times only to leave disappointed) you've probably seen this before, even if you haven't its worth a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E5tT9aXtyk

As you can see it is possible to load Chief's animations into Lightwave. So, I was thinking if it would be possible to load the model, erase the animation, and reanimate him? If so, then it is possible to, I dunno, make Chief dance while he 'talks' about the mission brief. Then, after finding that possible or not, try to incorporate the new animation into a level for the mission brief.

Other than that that is all I can say about this, onto the next idea:

2. Action Stations dramatic music:

I already posted it on the "Ctrl + V" topic, but I'll post it here too:

https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/legacy/Underground_score_305717.mp3

In-case you are wondering what this is or just cannot manage to load it then lemme just say if you hate the Power Miners theme for being a rip-off from the Rock Raiders theme you'll hate me for this but, that is the musical score for the Power Miners ads.

My idea for this is that if someone could take that song, make a looping version of it, then implement it into the game so whenever the player clicks Action Stations the looping song would play. Imagine, your base is under attack and immediately the Action Stations sounds and you hear epic music.

Again these are a few ideas I had regarding Lego Rock Raiders PC.

My idea for this is that if someone could take that song, make a looping version of it, then implement it into the game so whenever the player clicks Action Stations the looping song would play. Imagine, your base is under attack and immediately the Action Stations sounds and you hear epic music.

You cannot let the music stop by just deactivating Action Stations. If you do a looping version of the song, it will continue even if you had Action Stations activated for only 3 seconds. The other way would be that the looping version is (e.g.) 3 minutes long but you have to use Action Stations for a longer time. Then you wouldn't here anything after three minutes. To make it clear, the Action Stations button is the trigger for the used sound file, but the button cannot stop or extend the sound. 

• Like 2

Custom Chief animations:

It's possible but no one has ever been bothered to do it for Chief. Custom animations are completely possible and I've done plenty.

this topic prob should have been in modding discussion

Well, I wasn't saying I COULD accomplish these myself. If I could then this topic WOULD be in the modding discussion. This is a discussion of ideas I myself cannot put into action even with the time and effort.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.