Warhammer 40,000

Jimbob

When I first joined this forum, I remember there were a few fans of Warhammer 40k. I used to be a part of a large dedicated Warhammer 40k forum, but it was just filled hourly with rants about Games Workshop (the company that produces W40K), so if there are any members here who enjoy it then I guess maybe some more 'mature' discussions could be had. Also, I found it difficult to post pictures of my models on dedicated forums as there were so many top-notch quality painters out there, and often the only advice newbies would get was the classic 'THIN YOUR PAINTS'.

I guess I'll start with a picture of the latest models I've been painting, some new Eldar troops of Ulthwé.

This is what I have so far - it's not much, but I somehow manage to spend 2-4 hours on each one, so it's taken a while! The Wraithguard feature a little freehand work, as each one in the squad will have a part of the Ulthwé symbol on its face (and also the symbol of the Wraithguard on their cloths).

gallery_5738_293_116928.jpg

The detailing isn't so clear in that image, so here's another I took about a year ago when I first painted the farseer:

gallery_5738_293_748712.jpg

I paint the black colour differently to the conventional black-and-highlight, using some method I found online (but can't remember where). The model is basecoated black, then layered with dark grey, highlighted with a lighter grey and drybrushed with a near-white at the lightest points, before finally being washed down in black to darken all the colours. It gives a nice weathered effect, too.

Edited by JimbobJeffers
Fixing the é in Ulthwé, it broke in the new forum.
  • Like 1

Nice, well if you ever do get the chance to take photos of them I'd love to see them. I've never won a game against Tau before, what with their crazy guns and all.

Yes, I think it's a real shame that so many people want to play but can't because of pricing. But hey, there's been lots of speculation that Games Workshop is finally coming down, so if it does so it will inevitably be bought up by another company who will hopefully do a lot better with it. There have been rumours that GW has been coming down for many years, but it's only recently that things have actually shown proper signs of it - profits dropping, their profits still decreasing even after releasing their biggest-sellers, and new releases coming out more and more frequently in a failing attempt to compensate.

So, fingers crossed!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.