Construction Workers

Jimbob

Would you like to have generic construction workers running around your caverns instead of generic Rock Raiders?

Do you like the construction worker outfits used in The LEGO Movie?

Is LEGO Rock Raiders an awesome game?

If you answered 'yes' to any of those questions, then this is the mod for you! It replaces the textures and colours of the standard Rock Raiders to make them into construction workers. The face textures are unedited so you can keep them generic or add your own. This mod also makes use of PWNZOR's awesome ?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>Helmets V2 mod.

Previews

gallery_5738_269_148388.png

gallery_5738_269_25999.png

There are a couple of places this doesn't quite work, for instance the teleportation animation, but other than that they should work fine.

Download

Construction Workers

Installation Instructions

This mod requires a bit of editing to install, so this tutorial will make it as easy as possible for you.

1) Firstly, set up your game for modding using the beginner tutorial >here. It doesn't matter whether you use the WAD method or the DATA method.

2) This mod makes use of PWNZOR's excellent Helmets V2 mod to give the construction workers their helmets. Download both files in the topic ?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>here.

3) Extract the RockRaider_For_Helmets.zip file first, placing the Pilot folder in the following location (overwiting all files):

[Your extracted LegoRR0.WAD]/LegoRR0/Mini-Figures/Pilot

4) Then extract the HelmetsV2.zip file, open it up and enter the Bandit folder. Copy the VLPhead.lwo file and paste it into your Pilot folder so that it replaces the old file. Voila! The helmet is installed.

5) To change the colour of the helmets, open up the VLPhead.lwo file you just pasted into the Pilot folder in a hex editor (e.g. HxD). Scroll all the way down to line 20A0, at the end of the file, which is preceded by Material09..COLR... Highlight the three pairs of 3s (so 33 33 33), which define the current black colour of the helmets, and replace them with EE 11 11 to give the helmets their red colour. You can alternatively replace this with any colour you choose, just find its RGB value and convert it to HEX.

6) Now copy (and replace) over the new textures and files into the Pilot folder. They are:
Pback.bmp
Pbody.BMP
Pbodyarm.bmp
PlegRLower.bmp
VLPbicepL.lwo
VLPbicepR.lwo

7) If you are using the WAD method, recompile the WAD files, and finally launch the game to have your new construction workers ready!

EDIT: If you'd like to fix up the Rock Raiders face so that it doesn't look so awkward, Cirevam has provided an alternative that looks much better here.
  • Like 3

Thanks! I'm not sure about that, I guess he forgot to shave that morning?

But seriously, I just figured that was the default texture, but perhaps PWNZOR's mod changes it?

Something about default textures:

Pilot.ae and pretty much everything else the RR's do is located in RR0/World/Shared. Don't ask me why. If you have something in Minifigures/Pilot you ALSO need to change it in World/Shared.

Don't ask me why, don't ask me how, but I got a cat stuck in a radiator...

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2014 at 3:41 AM, JimbobJeffers said:

But seriously, I just figured that was the default texture, but perhaps PWNZOR's mod changes it?

It is the default texture but the way it's applied to the head is incorrect. You can see from the screenshot that it's squished vertically. This is what it should look like:

gallery_27_6_4648.jpg

I can't remember if I fixed the head so the texture maps properly, so you might as well download the one I have. Replace all of your heads with this, but back up your old ones first. Your textures should work as I based mine off of the originals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.