Blockscape

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

logo.png

It's like Minecraft, but with better graphics, and you are not restricted to the same one sized square cube, there are also slopes, and you can paint the blocks, all of which are definately useful for when you want to be creative and build nice things. The world is infinately generated proceedurally, like Minecraft also. If the idea of Minecraft interested you, but got turned off by the design and graphics, then you may just want to check this game out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4C8NaO1XBs

If you want to see more videos check out the dev's Youtube page.

Personally the only thing that doesn't look appealing to me is the design of the people. For a very unfinished game, everything looks amazing. Yes this game is on Steam.

I really want this game now.

Fluffy Cupcake

Meh, just looks like an improved copy

You make it sound like improvements is a BAD THING. Don't be a Minecraft fool by saying anything similar is no good. You upgrade your electronics every few years right? Same principle. Don't make me pull out the Minecraft was inspired by something card. I take it you think the guy is making this just for the money. Nope, some people actually WANT to go beyond Minecraft's blocky restrictions.

I personally hate Minecraft for all the stuff you can't do that I've always wanted to. This game solves some of my problems regarding that for sure.

Looks interesting.

There are mods for minecraft (Redpower, super slopes, etc.) that let you go beyond to confines of the grid layout, though they are pretty basic and after so many updates, I don't think most of them work anymore. Which annoys me, because I had creations that literally relied on them that look like s*** in vanilla minecraft. So in that respect I think i'd like this game.

Personally the only thing that doesn't look appealing to me is the design of the people.

They look like placeholders to me, so who knows what they are supposed to look like.

Fluffy Cupcake

The game already has electricity

Looks interesting.
There are mods for minecraft (Redpower, super slopes, etc.) that let you go beyond to confines of the grid layout, though they are pretty basic and after so many updates, I don't think most of them work anymore. Which annoys me, because I had creations that literally relied on them that look like s*** in vanilla minecraft. So in that respect I think i'd like this game.

Personally the only thing that doesn't look appealing to me is the design of the people.

They look like placeholders to me, so who knows what they are supposed to look like.

For any redstone fans, this electricity video might interest you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR-lg6Df_i8

Also, yeah. As said the game is still unfinished, so I do very much hope that those are placeholders.

The Ace Railgun
Don't be a Minecraft fool by saying anything similar is no good

Agreed, I enjoy the minecraft idea, and put up with the graphics and limitations for a while soI don't think something similar yet upgraded is a bad thing. I'm actually looking forward to this, and might dump minecraft for Blockscape.

• 3 weeks later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Duuuude! I just found out Blockscape has something on Minecraft aside from slopes and smoothness. Blockscape has infinite Y-axis! No height limits for building!

I was wondering why I wasn't hitting rock bottom while digging down, then I looked it up. ;P

Also, the block placing/destroying when in creative/build mode is MUCH larger.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.