Extracting the GTC File

RocketRacer123

RocketRacer123

In trying to extract the GTC File I am being posted to Adobe reader but i dont think this is quite right. Is anyone else having this problem?

• 1 month later...

I haven't understood a single word in that post. Can you rephrase and explain in a comprehensible way what happened?

Neither did I. RocketRacer123, do you think you could explain clearly what happened? We might be able to help you.  :)

Fluffy Cupcake

So when you click on your GTC file you get brought to Adobe Reader instead? I think you're doing it wrong. You don't need to double click (or whatever) in your default file browser, you only need to select the GTC though whatever tool (either >Developer Mode Patcher or >UNGTC) you are using to extract it.

If you need more help follow this post:

So, basically what you need to do RocketRacer123 is:

1) Download either UNGTC or Developer Mode Patcher (personally, I prefer Developer Mode Patcher, so that would probably be the one to go for).

2) Once you have then installed either one, you must then extract the GAMEDATA.GTC file. 

To extract the GAMEDATA.GTC file, you must you must first open your UNGTC folder that you downloaded previously, and find the ungtc file, which is located inside the bin folder. Choose the correct folder that fits your computer specifications. You must then copy the ungtc file and then paste it into your mod directory (by the way, if you don't know how to create a mod directory, you must look at the modding tutorial by JimbobJeffers). Then, double click on the ungtc file. A small window should then pop up, and the application will then run through all the different files in GAMEDATA.GTC. Once it has finished running through all the different files in GAMEDATA.GTC, the window should then close. 

If you have followed these very simple instructions, you should have extracted the GAMEDATA.GTC file. UNGTC should have created a new folder called GAMEDATA. This folder contains another folder GAME DATA, and also a file called .GTC. Once you have done that, you can then mod the game.  :)

Remember, if you need any help recompiling the GTC file after you have finished modding the game, look at the modding tutorial by JimbobJeffers. If you can't find the modding tutorial, click on the link that Xiron gave you. It will help you a lot. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.