Someone's drunk

aidenpons

Considering they can take TNT on water vehicles while drunk on sandwich, this isn't far from the truth. But then, they usually kill themselves after placing the TNT so no police is really needed for these guys.

That's very, very true... to test whether barriers are killable I have this:

DynamiteDamageRadius        9001.0         
        DynamiteMaxDamage            9001.0

I iz evil. l405G.jpg

TNT is a brown colour, too, and can cause brain damage (as well as spleen enlargement and liver failure).

That's the thing... the sandwiched are white. :(

ahh, I see you're experimenting with nuclear TNT.

yep l405G.jpg

C4, then. Can cause psychosis, and upset stomachs.

Question: The sandwiches could be half paint. Paint is hallucinogenic, and quite flammable. How's whitewash for this?

Furthermore, RR's can bite their sandwich... so it can't be a lump of solid metal. Biting an explosive would probably cause it to explode...?

ahh, I see you're experimenting with nuclear TNT.

yep l405G.jpg

C4, then. Can cause psychosis, and upset stomachs.

Question: The sandwiches could be half paint. Paint is hallucinogenic, and quite flammable. How's whitewash for this?

Furthermore, RR's can bite their sandwich... so it can't be a lump of solid metal. Biting an explosive would probably cause it to explode...?

No because C4 needs a hard shock and a lot of heat to explode, like what you get when a detonator explodes.

Paint for that purple stuff could work

Paint for that purple stuff

Purple stuff?

No because C4 needs a hard shock and a lot of heat to explode, like what you get when a detonator explodes.

So what triggers the dynamite? It wouldn't work very well in an Ice biome... (despite the only difference between an Ice and a Lava biome is the textures l405G.jpg) as that shock doesn't really exist...

... I imagined the dynamite as being triggered by a small internal fuse, but obviously that won't work with C4...?

Dynamite is also usually triggered by a detonator.

Detonators contain an unstable explosive, or rather, more unstable, which is why you store them in foam boxes in a seperate building/shed from the one in which your tertiary explosives such as C4 are stores.

Detonators contain an unstable explosive, or rather, more unstable, which is why you store them in foam boxes in a seperate building/shed from the one in which your tertiary explosives such as C4 are stores.

It's slightly worrying that you know this much about explosives. l405G.jpg

Surely the stomach acid would cause C4 to explode... or maybe not? It is acidic, and C4 sounds somewhat reactive in a sandwich form...

How explosive is paint? It burns releasing toxic substances, but wouldn't explode... unless in a liquid compressed form?

Depends.  Latex, lead base, oil, or acryllic?

Oil would be more toxic, and would burn.  Fumes may explode, too.

The others... I don't know.

Acid would not cause the C4 to explode.  It'd stay roughly the same, it's bound with a plasticizer which does exactly what it says on the tin.

Acid based detonators would, though... but that's because acid can trigger some other less stable explosives.

You can light C4 on fire, or hit it with a large hammer, and it won't explode.  It'll burn or squish.  Do both at once, though, and you'll be scraping yourself off the ceiling, and the walls, and the floor, and the house next door, and the tree...

You can light C4 on fire, or hit it with a large hammer, and it won't explode. It'll burn or squish. Do both at once, though, and you'll be scraping yourself off the ceiling, and the walls, and the floor, and the house next door, and the tree...

Tried it, have ya? l405G.jpg

So if C4's detonated by an internal explosive, what causes that explosive to explode?

(and I never saw an explosive that creates big ghostly countdown numbers l405G.jpg)

No, but I asked an ex-Army Engineer and he assured me this was true :P

There's usually a detonator + trigger mechanism + timer pack for timer-based setups, like we have here.  It's probably a box that supplies power to the trigger mechanism and timer, and a holographic timer.

There's usually a detonator + trigger mechanism + timer pack for timer-based setups, like we have here. It's probably a box that supplies power to the trigger mechanism and timer, and a holographic timer.

How did we get to the subject of dynamite from barriers? l405G.jpg

How does the timer pack work? (if you know) More importantly, how does the timer trigger the internal explosion and thus the C4 explosion?

Timers can vary.  Here's basically how everything works.

You have a Tertiary Explosive, such as C4.  This explodes with a lot of force but it's hard to get to explode.

This is set off by a Detonator, which is a primary or secondary explosive or a tiny amount of primary that sets off secondary explosive.

The detonator needs to be set off with something.  That's either something burning or an electrical charge, depending on the type.  Electrical charge can be delivered by the noises circuit from a timer or the noises circuit from a cell phone, or from a dedicated detonation box, or a radio receiver.

The timer can be as complex as a specially made timer system or as simple as, in some warzones, an ordinary kitchen timer.

an ordinary kitchen timer.

I didn't know Rock Raiders cooked. l405G.jpg

I KNOW! l405G.jpg

It's the sound of their screaming that detonates the timer. The running away is just necessary because... I don't want to be caught next to some C4. (Mind you, with my current settings in LRR, you wouldn't be safe three caverns away l405G.jpg)

Oh well... I think there'll be an update to my sig soon. l405G.jpg

I KNOW! l405G.jpg

It's the sound of their screaming that detonates the timer. The running away is just necessary because... I don't want to be caught next to some C4. (Mind you, with my current settings in LRR, you wouldn't be safe three caverns away l405G.jpg)

Well, what do you think they do on the lava maps?  With that much heat, I can't imagine them not cooking!

I KNOW! l405G.jpg

Well, what do you think they do on the lava maps?  With that much heat, I can't imagine them not cooking!

Arthuriel! Your skills are required once again! l405G.jpg

Tamed Lava Monsters.... l405G.jpg how about cooked sandwiches?

ROCK RAIDER DELICACY: ROASTED SLUG l405G.jpg

"And what is the special tonight, garcon?"

"Slug, stuffed with sandwiches and lovingly turned over a lava pit for ten hours until properly cooked."

"Ahh, I believe I shall have an order of that.  That sounds delicious."

"Ahh, I believe I shall have an order of that. That sounds delicious."

Sounds delicious... also sounds quite toxic. l405G.jpg Anything that eats Brickonium raw is probably unhealthy.

Actually, that'd then explain the "drunk"enness of the raider in the OP. He must have indulged himself. l405G.jpg

Arthuriel! I'm going to spam you with notifications until you make these comics! l405G.jpg

"Ahh, I believe I shall have an order of that. That sounds delicious."

Sounds delicious... also sounds quite toxic. l405G.jpg Anything that eats Brickonium raw is probably unhealthy.

Actually, that'd then explain the "drunk"enness of the raider in the OP. He must have indulged himself. l405G.jpg

Arthuriel! I'm going to spam you with notifications until you make these comics! l405G.jpg

Well, if you take small amounts of a poison regularly, in some cases, you can build a tolerance and eventually a resistance.  Mess it up, and you get brain damage.

Mess it up, and you get brain damage.

That sounds like what happened. l405G.jpg

Well, if you take small amounts of a poison regularly, in some cases, you can build a tolerance and eventually a resistance.

That's how the raiders can bear to eat those sandwiches. l405G.jpg

Somebody's still drunk.

gallery_7851_476_154967.jpg

I'd forgotten to reset the scale, and so my Mega-Raiders were still Mega.

The Barriers (as well as Crystals, Studs, and Ore) scaled with them as well.

ProfessorBrickkeeper

Somebody's still drunk.

gallery_7851_476_154967.jpg

He's building a Wonder! we have 300 years to destroy it!

Quick, everyone summon their Rock Monsters from giant holes in the ground!

(Actually, an RR themed AoM mod might turn out fairly interesting.)

Somebody's still drunk.

<snip>

He's building a Wonder! we have 300 years to destroy it!

Quick, everyone summon their Rock Monsters from giant holes in the ground!

(Actually, an RR themed AoM mod might turn out fairly interesting.)

The problem is that you'd probably be the one defending the Wonder. It'd probably just be a Mega-Support Station with Scale 3. Anyway, the problem is that there's pretty much no AI for the monsters. They walk into fences and bang, they're dead. (Why don't they throw their rocks AT the fences?) The slugs aren't much better: they'd just drain crystals and eventually trot off. Why slugs you ask? To power your lasers (or should I say my lasers, since my current properties are far, far better than Baz's (One-Hit-Kill-OP-Weapons) (no offence to you Baz) and also not the pathetic 2-damage crystals chewers that they were earlier).

I would include Bats.... but they have a habit of being a pointless nuisance.

Also, I've  looked through the list of functions in the NERPs scripter and it appears that there isn't any form of "Place Foundation For," meaning that the Wonder has to be a buildable building on the list. That's still do-able; just throw out the Super Teleport. Or can you extend the list at all? I'm not sure.

The way I'm currently seeing the level is: resources are far, far away and the only flat ground where you can build the Wonder is also far, far away.  The problem I have is how to make the place where the monsters come out (using either triggers or the NPL) un-destroyable. I could make Recharge Seams... but then that'd nerf slugs and the fact that you have limited crystals for your lasers. Of course, I could make a Recharge Seam far, far away.

Another way it could be possible to have the monsters is to unearth caverns with monsters in them with the NPL scripter. I'm fairly certain that if the Sleep activity in the .ae is taken out, when a cavern is broken into the monsters will not be sleeping. Muahahahaha... Also, Scorpions anyone? :smug:

Anyway... I still think it's possible, thought it'd really be a standalone mod as you'd be editing properties of half the stuff in the game which would ruin it everywhere else. Or you could make a separate monster: RMonsterNoSleep but that's just so much hard work.... Plus it'd clutter up the .cfg.

Also, one thing I don't want to be a hazard: Erosion. It's not that it's bad, it's that the AI for dealing with it is horrible.

Also, I've  looked through the list of functions in the NERPs scripter and it appears that there isn't any form of "Place Foundation For," meaning that the Wonder has to be a buildable building on the list. That's still do-able; just throw out the Super Teleport. Or can you extend the list at all? I'm not sure.

You can add an unlimited amount (not tested) of game objects that don't appear in the build menus making them un-buildable. Additionally, the buildings menu can support 1 more building than it already does (tested).

You can add an unlimited amount (not tested) of game objects that don't appear in the build menus making them un-buildable. Additionally, the buildings menu can support 1 more building than it already does (tested).

It can accept an extra building? Great!

Also, what I meant by "it has to be buildable" is quite simply that it has to be buildable, or else... you can't build it. The point's not to stuff it in the .ol, the point is to build it and since there's no "PlaceFoundationWonder" in the NPL Scripter it must be buildable off the build menu.

Anyway, thanks for that. 'Twill help a lot.

Hopefully this will go for longer than my Peas mod. l405G.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.