IXS Cheat Codes

lol username

lol username

Four IXS cheat codes are listed on various websites, such as GameSpot here:

http://www.gamespot.com/lego-island-xtreme-stunts/cheats/

Cheat Mode

Press the following actions to activate cheat mode: Up, Down, Up, Up, Jump, Pizza, Jump, Jump, Down, Up, Down, Down, Pizza, Jump, Pizza, Pizza, Up, Down, Up, Up, Jump, Pizza, Jump, Jump, Down, Up, Down, Down, Pizza, Jump, Pizza, Pizza.

Display Cheat Mode

Cheat Mode must be activated first for this code to work. Press the following actions during gameplay: Up, Down, Up, Up, Left, Right, Left, Left, Down, Up, Down, Down, Right, Left, Right, Right.

Get All Mini-Games

Cheat Mode must be enabled for this code to work. Press the following actions during gameplay: Up, Down, Up, Up, Jump, Pizza, Jump, Jump, Down, Up, Down, Down, Right, Left, Right, Right.

Skip the Current Level

Cheat Mode must be enabled for this code to work. Press the following actions during gameplay: Up, Down, Up, Up, Jump, Pizza, Jump, Jump, Left, Right, Left, Left, Jump, Pizza, Jump, Jump.

The only one that works for me is the second one, "Display Cheat Mode", which lets you fly when pressing Tab.

Unlike what most sites say, no other cheats must be entered before it. As said, the other three codes don't seem to do anything at all. They also make use of the buttons for pizza throwing and jumping, while the working cheat doesn't. Are they just fake or am I missing something?

Fluffy Cupcake

Lol, flying like a bird. Who'd have thought such a thing was possible? xP

Anyhow, I don't know anything about the cheats myself.

If they aren't fake, maybe they're relics from an earlier point in the design stage and they just somehow managed to make their way to the internet? A "Skip the Current Level" cheat in particular seems really odd as IXS progresses in a sort of non-linear fashion. It could be referring to the different stunts as levels, I guess. Especially since the game was more open in development until they got the command to focus on the minigames as the center of the things, making actual levels being on the table early on less likely.

Quisoves Potoo

The physics of LEGO Island 2 are still worse.

That is rather debatable. The deficiencies in IXS's physics are more noticeable to me than in LI2, and I can't think of anything quite as bad as the Jetski Race physics in the latter. 

LI2's physics never bothered me, whereas I can recall various anomalies and problems arising out of those of IXS.

lol username

Wait, LI2 had physics?

Seriously though, the first thing I noticed upon first playing IXS was the character control as compared to LI2. LI2 was twitchy, kept clipping through things, there was no slope detection, etc. Jumping was absolutely horrible, but at least you didn't ever actually have a use for it so you could stay clear of it. Oh wait, it's as if they couldn't decide if they wanted to be Mario (jump at the press of a button) or Zelda (jump when walking off of a ledge) so they did both, and the auto-jumping was broken as well...

IXS feels much nicer to me. Instead of being able to climb up 89 degree steep cliffs except for where the devs had put invisible walls, you just slide down if it's too steep. Jumping isn't just not broken, it's useful. The only quirk with it that comes to mind is a bug where the game sometimes doesn't notice you've stopped sliding until you move in the direction you were sliding, but it's far from a game breaker - I'll take that over the various features in LI2 such as randomly getting stuck inside of buildings and flora, and somehow even getting caught on acute corners of walls.

I also found the arcade-y Wave Catcher physics to be a lot of fun, and wished that they applied to boats on the main island as well.

Were you playing IXS without v-sync enabled by any chance? The game gets progressively glitchier as the framerate gets higher, particularly the physics, and even more particularly the Wave Catcher physics.

This was fun.

Quisoves Potoo

Were you playing IXS without v-sync enabled by any chance? The game gets progressively glitchier as the framerate gets higher, particularly the physics, and even more particularly the Wave Catcher physics.

I'll investigate that. Thanks for the tip.

Can you think of any other distinctive symptoms of this glitchiness?

lol username

Grinding gets more and more difficult until it's basically impossible, some animations play at weird speeds, etc.

You can get some pretty crazy trick combos by flying up into the sky with this cheat, pulling out your skateboard, and stringing together tricks on the way down while spinning. It breaks the score counter.

Fluffy Cupcake

It breaks the score counter.

I've done that before without the cheat.

Without Cheat Engine though? I'm NOT actually sure, it was a while ago, and I never did find the address for it in CE afterall.

lol username

I've previously only seen it happen after getting stuck floating above the Res-Q center, doing a ton of tricks, then somehow managing to free myself. In theory you could get it to happen without any bugs or cheats, it'd just take quite a long time.

Fluffy Cupcake

Actually, I do recall now, it was from a VERY VERY high height. So yeah, it was Cheat Engine. Falling from miles up is fun. :P

I've previously only seen it happen after getting stuck floating above the Res-Q center, doing a ton of tricks, then somehow managing to free myself. In theory you could get it to happen without any bugs or cheats, it'd just take quite a long time.

A similar thing happened to me once. I was skating around, doing random tricks, and I got stuck in Lucky Larry's house. I was floating, so I could do infinite tricks, which were kinda weird though: for example, there was one with a high score which was called Lucky Larry's House. I wonder how I did that trick. :P Unluckily, I couldn't escape from my stuck position, so I had to reload the game.

lol username

Yeah, the game will sometimes print the name of the thing you're stuck in as a trick name. Quite bizarre. I've only gotten stuck in that particular spot on top of the Res-Q center though (after reading about it on a walkthrough), and I was able to purposely get myself stuck in the garage and I think the party house by getting out of a car in a particular position so the game had nowhere to really put me except in the building (usually it's pretty good at avoiding that).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.