ProjectHane(Wing) An Independent Anime

The Ace Railgun

The Ace Railgun

For the last couple of months or so I have been collecting people for a massive project called Project Hane or in English, Project Wing. It all started when RRU member Drill Master said to me over Skype

On 5/18/14, at 1:02 PM, JAL wrote:

"> > I want to make one

> On 5/18/14, at 1:02 PM, Ace wrote:

> > An Anime?

> On 5/18/14, at 1:03 PM, JAL wrote:

> > Anime"

And the fire spread from there. We currently have 6 members who specialize in various places, from weapons design, to Character conceptualization. Now however we are looking for more members to fill positions, and if you want to join or know somebody who would be interested in an available position send me a PM with your Skype username and you'll be given more info through the chat. The genre of the sereis is going to be Sci-Fi/Noir/Mech

Available Positions:

Actors (15)

Animator (2-3)

Director of Animation (1)

Background Scenery Artist (1)

Current positions filled:

Actor: Drill Master, Jason, McJobless

Director of Music and Sound: Drill Master

Concept Artists: Sven(Humanoid characters), Katie(Non-human characters), Dev(Weapons)

I really don't want to give away the plot as we are in early Pre-production and planning mode right now and all of my members follow a Non-Disclosure agreement. If you want more info either PM me or Drill Master

Below is some great concept art done by my wonderful humanoid character concept artist Sven. I'll update this thread with more art and info as we continue production.

Guniko

guniko.png

Fuku

ibuki.png

• Like 4

(This should be good news to the LR2 voice over team too)

I finally got the mic back! So, I'd love to get involved with voice acting. Not really sure if I could animate at this stage, but if things are getting desperate I could try and help.

I'd like to take a place as an actor. As much as I'd like to I don't think I can go for a position as "animator" because 1) I'm inexperienced due to no good drawn-animation software (I might see if I can get my hands on Flash soon) and 2) I never really got my head around the style either.

ProfessorBrickkeeper

This sounds like a pretty interesting idea. I hope it turns into something good. I may be interested taking the Background Scenery Artist position, it really just depends heavily on how much free time I have. This still sounds like an interesting project to follow, though.

Sci-Fi/Noir/Mech

I'm in. :P

I'm assuming that if you're actually going to have mechs in this, you'll use 3D models, and if so, I'd be happy to help, having done modeling work for an indie game among countless hours of modeling stupid stuff. :P

If there isn't a 'modeling' position per say, then I can do animation, though I'm more used to 3D, not 2D. I'm sure I can get the hang of it though.

The Ace Railgun

(This should be good news to the LR2 voice over team too)

I finally got the mic back! So, I'd love to get involved with voice acting. Not really sure if I could animate at this stage, but if things are getting desperate I could try and help.

Alright, I'll add you to the Skype chat, first add me to your Skype.

I'd like to take a place as an actor. As much as I'd like to I don't think I can go for a position as "animator" because 1) I'm inexperienced due to no good drawn-animation software (I might see if I can get my hands on Flash soon) and 2) I never really got my head around the style either.

Do you have Skype? Most of our group communication will be done over Skype so i'd like for all of my members to have it. If not, then get a Skype account.

I'll take the CEO position :P

I am actually in need of a Co-Director if you're interested :P

This sounds like a pretty interesting idea. I hope it turns into something good. I may be interested taking the Background Scenery Artist position, it really just depends heavily on how much free time I have. This still sounds like an interesting project to follow, though.

We have until 2019, so no rush. I mean we'd like to have the entire first season finished by then but still no rush.

Sci-Fi/Noir/Mech

I'm assuming that if you're actually going to have mechs in this, you'll use 3D models, and if so, I'd be happy to help, having done modeling work for an indie game among countless hours of modeling stupid stuff. :P

If there isn't a 'modeling' position per say, then I can do animation, though I'm more used to 3D, not 2D. I'm sure I can get the hang of it though.

We may or may not use 3DCGI for the Mechs, I would like to stick to drawn stuff as the Anime art style and 3DCGI don't really mix :P But yes if you'd like be an Animator i'll add you to the Skype chat, simply send me a PM with your skype username.

I'd be interested in voicing a role.

I do have a question, however. I've heard that in Japan, many of the men roles are voiced by women and so are are more high pitched than we would be used to in the US. Is this the same in the English dubs? And how will we be doing it?

Sci-Fi/Noir/Mech

We may or may not use 3DCGI for the Mechs, I would like to stick to drawn stuff as the Anime art style and 3DCGI don't really mix :P But yes if you'd like be an Animator i'll add you to the Skype chat, simply send me a PM with your skype username.

You'll have to wait a bit, as I haven't created an account, and probably won't have a chance to for a bit (long story). Quick question though, what does the Director of Animation position entail? Depending if its what I think it is, I may want that instead. :P

Didn't the Iron Giant do CGI that resembled hand-drawn animation? Could you do something like that?

The Ace Railgun

I might be interested in voice acting. Are you the script writer, Ace?

Yep, I am the Scriptwriter, and screenwriter. I get all the fun jobs :P

We may or may not use 3DCGI for the Mechs, I would like to stick to drawn stuff as the Anime art style and 3DCGI don't really mix  :P But yes if you'd like be an Animator i'll add you to the Skype chat, simply send me a PM with your skype username.

Didn't the Iron Giant do CGI that resembled hand-drawn animation? Could you do something like that?

I could do that, but that isn't the type of style that I want. So I think i'm going to stick with hand drawn/digitally drawn stuff in 2D.

I might be interested in voice acting. Are you the script writer, Ace?

Yep, I am the Scriptwriter, and screenwriter. I get all the fun jobs :P

We may or may not use 3DCGI for the Mechs, I would like to stick to drawn stuff as the Anime art style and 3DCGI don't really mix  :P But yes if you'd like be an Animator i'll add you to the Skype chat, simply send me a PM with your skype username.

Didn't the Iron Giant do CGI that resembled hand-drawn animation? Could you do something like that?

I could do that, but that isn't the type of style that I want. So I think i'm going to stick with hand drawn/digitally drawn stuff in 2D.

That makes sense. I was just thinking that CGI could save a lot of time. I admire your endeavoring to produce really good hand drawn art, it just seemed to me that CGI would make the project imminently more possible.

Fluffy Cupcake

I had a half though of joining this for voice acting, but then it occurred to me I'll probably be too busy this upcoming school year (it will be like a full-time job pretty much). So if anything I would have to be a minor character at most.

The Ace Railgun

I had a half though of joining this for voice acting, but then it occurred to me I'll probably be too busy this upcoming school year (it will be like a full-time job pretty much). So if anything I would have to be a minor character at most.

We will be needing a couple of minor character actors if you still want to hop on the production train.

The Ace Railgun

Ace, do you have a script yet?

No, but I've been away from home and have school, but don't worry, it'll get finished.

Also, if anybody else is joining who's Skype username I don't already have, I need your Skype username.

I guess I just skimmed over the starting post because I missed the part about Skype.

I don't use Skype, so is there any other way I could get aboard the project without Skype, or is this simply an impossibility?

The Ace Railgun

I guess I just skimmed over the starting post because I missed the part about Skype.

I don't use Skype, so is there any other way I could get aboard the project without Skype, or is this simply an impossibility?

Couldn't you just make a Skype account? It is free after all, but if not then I guess we could do RRU PMs if we have to, but you wouldn't be in communication with the rest of the group. It's an all hands on deck type of project.

The Ace Railgun

Alright, sorry for the double post but I have new positions available.

Mech designer/prototyper: 4

Mech finalizer: 1 The finalizer will make sure that all of the mechs will fit in overall art style of the final product

PM me or Skype me if you want to take any of the available positions.

Ill join as watcher and subber :D

If a guy with accent is needed I can do that 2.

We will probably need a guy with an accent (what type of accent?) so if you want to join as an actor there're spots open.

As much as I'd like to help, I can't, for several reasons.

1. I lack the patience for 2D animating.

2. Cant do voice-acting, because no access to a mic, plus my voice sounds rather awkward over a mic anyways.

3. I stopped using Skype a long while back, and won't go back to using it.

4. I'm still trying to practice manga as it is.

I think in about 3-4 months maybe 5 at the most. Are you interested in taking on the task of an actor Seaborgium?

Sounds good. No need to rush the script.

And yes, I would love to be an actor.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.