Images Of Minifig-Scale Minecraft Sets

STUDZ

A while back, we got a teaser for minifigure-scaled Minecraft sets, and a while before that it was pretty much implied it was going to happen.

Today, thethreevirtues uploaded a video with images of two sets in it. (These are the same guys who released the "leaked" BIONICLE 2015 images, which I refuse to post a proper news report on until we get some clear, official, highish-res images. Or at least 101% confirmation from TLG) The video will be posted below for your enjoyment and speculation.

The two sets will be 21113 The Cave, and 21114 The Farm. Where TTV got the set numbers and names from remains to be seen. [EDIT: The names and model numbers came from a website called Hamley's in the UK. I apologize for the assumption.]

So what do you guys think of these sets? Is LEGO going too far with the Minecraft theme, or should they keep going? Post your opinions below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBQoUGDYOIo

Sources: http://brickset.com/article/12057/images-of-minifig-scale-minecraft-sets Edited by McStudz
  • Like 2

The Ace Railgun

Hmmm. They don't have the same elegance as a micro-worlds but probably have much more appeal for Legos target audience.

I agree, I think the minifigure scale version seems a little too Legoy. The section worlds look a lot more Minecrafty than this.

Yeah, I'll agree with that too. I actually like how these new sets look, but they do feel a bit clunky compared to the microworlds. Probably because the microworlds seemed to convey the sense of everything being cleanly compartmentalized into chunks as it is in the game, while these sets are more of a traditional "cut-out" scene.

Hey,

I'm Mesonak from thethreevirtues; I'd just like to say a few things.

1. Our sources for where we located the pictures are in the video description. Alongside the pictures, there are also set descriptions.

2. I'm not sure if you simply left out a word or two in your sentence (or I'm possibly just misreading you), but if you're insinuating that we "made" the BIONICLE 2015 leaked image, I'd like to clarify - we did not. We merely reported on it; whether it is legitimate or not will be determined in the future.

On the subject of these sets... my opinions are mixed. I like what they're trying to do, and I think the sets will do very well sales-wise, but I'm not entirely sold on their designs. I anticipate seeing the finalized pictures of the other sets.

• Like 2

Looking at my original post again, I realize I left a few words out. I was really tired last night and ended up botching a news entry.

I meant to say you guys made the video for the leaked images, and made them common knowledge for the masses. Missing the source of the Minecraft images was simply an oversight on my part. I apologize for the confusion there.

But I do appreciate you responding, Mesonak!

BerixMaster2010

To me, the standard minifigure design do not at all fit in very well with MineCraft's aesthetics.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... Those first two images didn't really grab me, but the other box sets are actually quite nice. I just don't like the Steve minifigure.

However, it wasn't long after I looked at these sets before I thought... Kids buy LEGO sets of franchises to take part in those franchises themselves, or to build stuff with them related to the franchises. Example: You'd buy a Star Wars set to experience the action yourself, and also to build your own space ships. Yet Minecraft is a game, hence you already play it, and is an infinite sandbox building game, so... Is there really any need for it to be reproduced in plastic with little dots on top?

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.