Freedom Planet

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

Love Freedom Planet? Well limited edition boxed copies (1,000 only) of FP is now being sold here: http://theindiebox.com/sign-up/one/ (get the one month plan and cancel after it gets shipped out, since it is auto-renewing subscription). The last day to sign up for the box is November 18th.

With the box will also come details for an official speedrun competition from GalaxyTrail, with the winning prize being a Custom Freedom Planet Trophy, due date for submissions being December 6th.

For some reason I'm kind of doubting anyone here will be getting this. =P

• 1 month later...

I know, I know, this IS a bit of a bump buuuuuuuuuuuut...

Freedom Planet 2 is actually going to be a thing.

Yes.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Firedude34 said:

Let's hope that this game won't ruin the game series.

Yeah, most of the modern games are ruining their own series. I don't know alot about this game but i hope that this game is a success.

Yay! Can't wait.

But I have to say I'm getting the feeling that it won't be as good as the first game, just by the sprites and the trailer themselves.

Well, this isn't the thread for my hype, but I do also have something else to say.

The FP Milla story DLC et al isn't going to be a DLC, merely an update (somebody on the forums said "the difference between them is that "update" is easier to say but "DLC" is to type"" l405G.jpg).

What's more important is that the beta is now out! Yes, Milla's story and a playable Spade and Torque are released for the beta - an open Steam beta, so effectively it's out, just needs patching.

[HYPE RANT INC- *banned*

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the literal year-and-a-bit bump, but... new FP2 gameplay footage! 

The "look-how-not Sonic-we-look-now-please-stop-comparing-us-to-Sonic-no-please-stop" character designs really kinda irk me, but everything else seems tip-top and I'm certainly looking forward to begging everyone I know to gift me the game buying this when it eventually releases!

P.S: Demo at the end of the month!

Fluffy Cupcake

The designs are certainly something different, but nothing to horrible thankfully.

Can't wait for the release! Also yay demo. I'm wondering if I'll actually play that or if I should just wait for the full release. Hmmm. I mean I already have an idea what the game will be like from the first game, the only thing the demo will do will taint the first time experience of launching the game for the first time. Unless of course it's like the Stanley Parable demo where the scenario is entirely different from the full game, but I'm doubting it is.

As for video content:

Interesting addition of respawn where you die that's going on there. I guess I'm okay with this? It might make bosses easier though unless only those situations exclusively bring you back to a respawn point. Although you do respawn with no health, uuuuuh.... maybe I'm not so okay with it now. xP

lol username
8 hours ago, Ayliffe said:

Sorry for the literal year-and-a-bit bump, but... new FP2 gameplay footage! 

This has been said many times before but there's no problem with bumping a topic if you actually have something worth posting. That goes for you fellas jumping on other members reviving topics, too.

• Like 2

On 8 January 2017 at 1:35 PM, Xiron said:

The designs are certainly something different, but nothing to horrible thankfully.

Reveal hidden contents

Interesting addition of respawn where you die that's going on there. I guess I'm okay with this? It might make bosses easier though unless only those situations exclusively bring you back to a respawn point. Although you do respawn with no health, uuuuuh.... maybe I'm not so okay with it now. xP

The designs look alright in the promo artwork and such, but in-game they just look... rather odd? They're all incredibly lanky now and the only real reason for this I can see is because reviewers were comparing FP1 to the classic Sonic games too much... even though it wasn't just the designs that were causing the comparisons, it was the momentum-based platforming which is still gonna be in FP2. You gotta embrace the similarities, not shun them in an attempt to stand out from the crowd.

Also it's incredibly ironic that they tried to make the characters lanky to look less like classic sonic, 'cos now they just look like long-legs modern sonic and this amuses me no-end.

(can't remove the spoiler on mobile for some reason, ignore it or something)

Gameplay for Milla is up, and she looks infinitely more fun to play as. She can actually hit things now without her silly charge-up cubes. Oh, and those have been improved too! 

• 2 weeks later...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

maxresdefault.jpg

(ignore that text box, I couldn't find the image I was looking for specifically & that was the closest one I could get)

:strobe: It's here! :light1:

http://freedomplanet2.com/demo_win.php

For those who haven't been following the plot, this is demo (a.k.a "sample") version of FP2 that contains all four playable characters, and one finished level.

• 2 weeks later...

And there's a Greenlight! And this happened:

We hit the Top 100 on Greenlight only 5 and a half hours after starting and we're currently rolling up the list

currently, having been out for a little over a day, it's sitting at position #37. Not bad going for a sequel to an indie game! Speaking of not bad going... although that is half a year ago.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.