Model Viewer

dead_name

Export function please? Possibly to something like obj.

Oh piss off. I didn't spend all evening coding a very beta tool just so you could request a very advanced feature straight off the bat. Considering the model format's texture blending capabilities I'm not sure it even /can/ be accurately exported to an OBJ file.

lol username

So as far as heads go, the default head model and Frankie Solido's heads are representing the same thing, but default.md2 is much higher poly than Frankie's head. Heck, maybe we could just make Frankie use default.md2 so things will look nicer in those brief moments you see him up close. There's yet another placeholder pit lane model thing. I am nostalgia'ing over the hopper mech. The minifigure default pose is weird. Thank you. ALBATROSS.

You're on a roll this weekend. Keep it up (but get some sleep too).

If textures are a problem, is it feasible to export polygons without any textures at all? And if importing models becomes possible in the near future, maybe "full" textures can be skipped just to get started. After all, it's LEGO, you don't need to get more advanced than flat colors. The occasional decal and stud textures can wait.

Fluffy Cupcake

including some odd stone block ruin things for Xalax.

I've known about that for a while, never spoke about it. :P

Perhaps it's time I update the >objects list topic now. ;P

Anyway, yay for the model viewer!

Edit: I'm getting "Unsupported Bit Depth 0" on a lot of models, even the bridge you have shown in the OP. Considering you are showing this, and you said only "a few", I can't imagine it has something to do with the "unsupported format" thing you mentioned.

• Like 1

Awesome! You're on a roll. :P

There's more unused models in here than I expected - including some odd stone block ruin things for Xalax.

Can I have a picture? I can't theoretically install anything on this computer, even if I could. I will just download the stuff that I'm going to break due to too much use.

Screw it. I'm downloading this.

EDIT: I don't understand how it works. When I try to open the .exe, it tries to load something and then stops, and doesn't do anything.

EDIT: I don't understand how it works. When I try to open the .exe, it tries to load something and then stops, and doesn't do anything.

So I'm not the only one...

So I'm not the only one...

Me too. I would really love to try this tool out but I cannot open it just ike the skeleton viewer :/

Fluffy Cupcake

Xiron, the bit-depth thing is a texture format issue that shouldn't occur - are you running with custom textures?

Uuuuh. *tries program in unmodified folder*. Well it works now, so I guess yes, that was the problem. Eheheh. Thanks.

Xiron, the bit-depth thing is a texture format issue that shouldn't occur - are you running with custom textures?

Uuuuh. *tries program in unmodified folder*. Well it works now, so I guess yes, that was the problem. Eheheh. Thanks.

I guess that the custom tga files don't work as expected because of compression? The original models also use .mip too.

I guess that the custom tga files don't work as expected because of compression? The original models also use .mip too.

They don't work because I'm lazy and didn't write a full TGA decoder, only enough to parse the TGA formats that are used in the retail game.

Uuuuh. *tries program in unmodified folder*. Well it works now, so I guess yes, that was the problem. Eheheh. Thanks. I guess that the custom tga files don't work as expected because of compression? The original models also use .mip too. They don't work because I'm lazy and didn't write a full TGA decoder, only enough to parse the TGA formats that are used in the retail game.

As I expected.

Not to rush you, (do whatever you like and want to do) but it'll be obviously awesome to use custom tga textures!

• 1 year later...

I would enjoy the challenge of coding up an obj exporter, as I have written a few in the past. I could contribute a class file or library (so you would only need to share your class for vectors, although the rest can be decompiled by the likes of ILSpy anyway).

I don't have LR2 myself, so I couldn't test it.

BTW, WillKirkby, you seem to have deleted a few of your programs from GitHub... Is that intentional?

• 1 year later...

Is it possible to replace an md2 model with CCD file? I had an interest in seeing what it would be like to drive around on the trike found in Sandy Bay

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.