LEGO Racers Online

Hoithebest

Gall E. McOxbig

This looks fantastic! I have always dreamed of facing-off with other people on this game and everyone showing their true skill. Keep up the great work  :thumbsup:

OMG! How?! When?!

Custom maps!

Custom modes!

Custom cars!

Apple!

Cheesus!

(I lost it, and I hope you're not trolling us).

EDIT:

Will it work with LR1 demo?

RobExplorien

Caution: Excitement and sudden great/'great' progress on a project often leads to exaggerated goals, statements and/or false promises.

Though I could act excited like anyone hoping for an online multiplayer LR (which had been discussed before here on this forum I bet), I'm going to back off until I spot evident progress. It's nothing personal, I'm merely being rational. It does sound nice that someone thinks he knows how to put this idea into practice.

Or yeah, it's a prank. Who knows.

Caution: Excitement and sudden great/'great' progress on a project often leads to exaggerated goals, statements and/or false promises.

Though I could act excited like anyone hoping for an online multiplayer LR (which has been discussed before here on this forum I bet), I'm going to back off until I spot evident progress. It's nothing personal, I'm merely being rational.

I hope it's real. D:

even a buggy Online gameplay is something. :

Great to see al those exciting responses and know that there are still people who would love this, just like I do! :)

We are still working very hard to implement more features for now.

I am going to need your help. Finding addresses and their pointers is very hard and a lot of work to do on your own.

This is how the system currently works:

For example, there are two players racing against eachother. You are player 1 and on your game client, your enemy is enemy 1 (this is the Champion of the map, like the Captain).

On the client of your enemy, you are enemy 1.

Basicly, your coordinates are being collected by the Client and sends them to the Server. The Server then replies with all the known coordinates of other players. When the Client receives this coordinates, its able to write them to the enemy players.

Currently, the only thing we do have is the following addresses:

Your player:

X, Y, Z, Rotation X and Rotation Y - with the following pointers and offsets:

Player base: "LEGORacers.exe"+000C67B0, with offsets: 518

From there you can retrieve the X, Y, Z, Rotation X and Rotation Y with the following offsets:

X: 0

Y: + 4

Z: + 8

Rotation X: - 24

Rotation Y: - 20

Enemy 1 (Champion):

Destination X, Destination Y, Destination Z, Rotation X, Rotation Y - with the following pointers and offsets:

Enemy 1 base: "LEGORacers.exe"+000C5258, with offsets: 794, 7a4, 4, 14, 514

X: 0

Y: + 4

Z: + 8

Rotation X: + 14 and + 18

Rotation Y: + 24 and + 28

But, the problem is that the Player Rotation X and Y are different values then the Enemy 1 Rotation X and Y, even when they are rotated the same.

If you are a Cheat Engine pro, please help us. Download the Cheat Table here with the coordinates (without the rotation values). Thanks.

grappigegovert

First off, >there are 3 different versions of LR1, so please post the version you are using.
The rotation is saved in 6 different floats (forward/up vector pair), with x, y and z directly after those.
I believe Xiron has made cheatengine files for 2 versions of LR, maybe you can check those out.

Fluffy Cupcake

I believe Xiron has made cheatengine files for 2 versions of LR, maybe you can check those out.

I have. Although they only include powerups with what each position holds, and coordiantes for player 1, and a few other misc things, nothing more. I never did get coordiantes for the 1999 version.

The Ace Railgun

I created account only to write that : IT WILL BE AMAZING :D

Seriously? That's all you have to say on a site full of mods for LEGO games? ...Ok..........what a waste of a perfectly good account though.........

This looks interesting though, i'm glad somebody is working on multiplayer for LR.

I created account only to write that : IT WILL BE AMAZING :D

and he created an account only to open this thread. Hmm... that's suspicious.

Thanks for your replies. I can confirm that this is currently working on the 1999 NO-DRM (and probably DRM too).

Grappigegovert, I downloaded your Cheat Table, but what do the numbers 1-6 mean?

I am still working on this project, but it's just very hard to find these addresses that hold the correct rotation values of the enemies (they're not the same as the player rotation values, even when they're rotated the same).

I really want to make this project open source in the near future, but there must be working something at first.

grappigegovert

I'm not really sure what the numbers 1-6 are myself, I've just added them for testing.

When you click on Location, you will see the xyz position, and two different rotation types (R1-R6 and QX-QZ).
Both rotation types represent the same rotation, and I think the QX-QZ type is the one the AI also uses.

I'm not really sure what the numbers 1-6 are myself, I've just added them for testing.

When you click on Location, you will see the xyz position, and two different rotation types (R1-R6 and QX-QZ).

Both rotation types represent the same rotation, and I think the QX-QZ type is the one the AI also uses.

Thanks. I've seen this, but this is still not the information I need. (I already found your addressess too)

I would like to know a little more about features for admins.  :)  

Currently, this means this following things: (not so many yet)

• Freeze everyone's Power-Ups and Upgrade Crystals (you can select which and how many)
  • Freeze everyone

It's very important that everyone who knows how to work with Cheat Engine and how to find addressess and pointers helps us finding them.

This is not a project for one or two people and we don't want the credits all for ourselves. We want to make this an open source project.

We still need addresses for enemy 1-5. Addresses include: Locations X, Y and Z and Rotation X, Y and Z. (other values will be added in the future)

So again, if you do know how to work with Cheat Engine, please help us. We can't make it possible without you guys.

We already made an engine containing a Server and a Client so it's just a matter of adding addresses, which is actually the hardest part but when this is done, we do have something that actually works!

Thanks. I've seen this, but this is still not the information I need. (I already found your addressess too)

I would like to know a little more about features for admins.  :)  

Currently, this means this following things: (not so many yet)

• Freeze everyone's Power-Ups and Upgrade Crystals (you can select which and how many)
  • Freeze everyone

It's very important that everyone who knows how to work with Cheat Engine and how to find addressess and pointers helps us finding them.

This is not a project for one or two people and we don't want the credits all for ourselves. We want to make this an open source project.

We still need addresses for enemy 1-5. Addresses include: Locations X, Y and Z and Rotation X, Y and Z. (other values will be added in the future)

So again, if you do know how to work with Cheat Engine, please help us. We can't make it possible without you guys.

We already made an engine containing a Server and a Client so it's just a matter of adding addresses, which is actually the hardest part but when this is done, we do have something that actually works!

Can we see some pictures or video or any other proof? after all, you said the mod is working, but it's "VERY, VERY buggy".

Video would be great.

Alright. I've refrained from saying anything about this because I tend to be very cautious about these kinds of announcements, but the video shows that this is something to get excited about. I'm anticipating seeing where this goes, and I congratulate what progress you've already made.

This video should give Lr1 modding more attention... :D

EDIT:

Something doesn't feel right. I have some questions:

- How does the client work? (I mean how can you join a game?) do you send "commands" with the host ip or what?

- How can you host a server? did you used a modded client or you made your own program to host the game?

And now for the skeptical question:

- Isn't that possible to make this video by changing Captain redbeard's path? :

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.