If you play, or have played a Concert Band instrument, and still own it, come here.

Drill Master

Drill Master

I'm requesting the help of the instrument savvy members here. I'm going to be writing a concert piece for my local HS band. I am in need of some things.

What I need:

Brief recordings of various concert instruments playing a sustained Middle C.

What instruments do I need?

The following instruments are the one's I need recordings for:

Trumpet

Trombone

Tuba

French Horn

Flute

Clarinet - The Ace Railgun

Oboe

(I own an Alto Sax, so I got that covered.)

Tenor Sax

Bari Sax

(More may be added. I'll have to contact the director to see all the instruments in use. Depending on the size of the band, we've had more or less variations of instruments. The one's listed above are common concert instruments.)

So if you guys could help out, please list down below what instrument you have, and link a brief (downloadable) recording of your instrument sustaining a Middle C for at least 5 seconds.

Your help will be greatly appreciated. :)

The following instruments are the one's I need recordings for:

Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba, French Horn, Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Tenor Sax, Bari Sax

link a brief (downloadable) recording of your instrument sustaining a Middle C for at least 5 seconds.

I'm sure that out of my 5 keyboards some of those sounds will be there, but I don't know what Middle C is.

I only know how to play a few tunes. I am a noob keyboard key poker. :P

Another thing is that keyboard samples don't always sound like the instrument they claim to sound like.

In case you were wondering, my keyboards are:

Yamaha PSS-6, Yamaha PSS-50, Yamaha PSS-170 (Uses FM Synthesis), Casio PT-82 and an unbranded MC-36 (Seen multiple brands of this one).

Oboe

Hey Oboe Shoes! xD
  • Like 2

Drill Master

Thanks mumboking, but I need the sounds from the actual instruments and their respective notes.

I have a CASIO CTK-720 on deck, but I run it through a soundbank on my computer to make it sound realistic. It's sorta like 9 years old now though. :P

The Ace Railgun

I've got my Clarinet still, I'll do It this weekend, you should probably mark who's doing what on the main post just to keep track of what you got and what you don't got.

• Like 1

Shadowblaze

Are sampled instruments fine too? I mean, for violins it will certainly not work the way you want, but sampled brass stuff is good. C5, yeah?

Drill Master

Are sampled instruments fine too? I mean, for violins it will certainly not work the way you want, but sampled brass stuff is good. C5, yeah?

I really need the actual live instrument sounds for this. I'm very picky but it will all greatly help me.

I've got my Clarinet still, I'll do It this weekend, you should probably mark who's doing what on the main post just to keep track of what you got and what you don't got.

Done!

• 3 weeks later...

I played trombone from the beginning 5th grade to the end of 9th grade and still have mine. (actually its my dads from when he played(yeah its old(wow I'm getting pretty deep in parenthesis here)))

I also have brothers that played trumpet and alto saxophone (although you don't need alto sax).

However the things that aren't available at the moment is a good microphone, my brothers as they are at college,and my skill as I always was generally sucky. You just need simple notes though, in good tone so If I can borrow my friends microphone then I MIGHT be able to get some stuff recorded, but maybe not because I'm kinda busy.

tldr; there is about a 20% chance I can give you some recordings (math not calculated professionally :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.