Games like Rock Raiders?

Hacked

lol username

Wikipedia claims that Dungeon Keeper and Rock Raiders are "similar". I haven't seen much of Dungeon Keeper though (besides the catastrophe that is the mobile version), so I don't know how true that may or may not be.

Wikipedia claims that Dungeon Keeper and Rock Raiders are "similar". I haven't seen much of Dungeon Keeper though (besides the catastrophe that is the mobile version), so I don't know how true that may or may not be.

This has got to be someone's joke.

This has got to be someone's joke

I don't know, there are a lot of similar elements. For sure, Dungeon Keeper isn't based on resource management, but I feel it may have had some influence. The way the player digs paths is similar, and claiming land is a bit like building a power path. Then you have to send your imps out to mine gold and bring it back to the treasure room. It even has a first-person mode where you can play as your minions. Considering the uniqueness of Rock Raiders, Dungeon Keeper may actually be one of the closest games to the concept.

Edit for clarity - I'm specifically talking about the 1997 original, not the mobile version. It's also the only version I've played.

This has got to be someone's joke

I don't know, there are a lot of similar elements. For sure, Dungeon Keeper isn't based on resource management, but I feel it may have had some influence. The way the player digs paths is similar, and claiming land is a bit like building a power path. Then you have to send your imps out to mine gold and bring it back to the treasure room. It even has a first-person mode where you can play as your minions. Considering the uniqueness of Rock Raiders, Dungeon Keeper may actually be one of the closest games to the concept.

Edit for clarity - I'm specifically talking about the 1997 original, not the mobile version. It's also the only version I've played.

So would you recommend playing it even without many similarities with LRR

Or games that are based around mining?

In terms of mining related games, some of the ones I can think of are Castle Story, Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai, Starbound, and Banished.  

I looked at Castle Story but it looked to empty for its current state, but Shogun 2 looked good and I've been playing it today. Thanks.

I haven't seen that much, maybe Space Engineers?

Space Engineers looks really fun, but I've gotta keep it on hold till I pay the bills.  D:

Thanks.

Thanks, I'll check out the PC version. :)

I find it to be an incredibly fun game, so I would recommend it, yes. I should mention that there's a lot of focus on going out and defeating other groups aside from mining gold and building up your dungeon. Again, it's not the same thing as LRR, but if you play it I think you'll find a lot of similarities.

The best place to get it would be GOG.com. And if you do play it, I recommend the fan overhaul/mod KeeperFX.  It runs the game in hardware rendering instead of software, making it much smoother. It allows you to set custom resolutions to make the visuals more crisp, play custom campaigns or free play levels, and allows for multiplayer play on this ancient game.

I find it to be an incredibly fun game, so I would recommend it, yes. I should mention that there's a lot of focus on going out and defeating other groups aside from mining gold and building up your dungeon. Again, it's not the same thing as LRR, but if you play it I think you'll find a lot of similarities.

The best place to get it would be GOG.com. And if you do play it, I recommend the fan overhaul/mod KeeperFX.  It runs the game in hardware rendering instead of software, making it much smoother. It allows you to set custom resolutions to make the visuals more crisp, play custom campaigns or free play levels, and allows for multiplayer play on this ancient game.

Cool, I'll give it a go. Thanks.  :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.