I have some more LEGO!

mumboking

I've been in Skegness for a week. :P

I bought these in a charity shop on the last day there for £7.99.

gallery_3457_446_18846.jpg
gallery_3457_446_12270.jpg

There's quite a lot of pieces missing, but the Star Wars set is most complete.

No manuals are in there, but there is some paperwork.

There's also some parts not from either of these sets in there.

What the pictures don't show, is just how badly the boxes are warped.

I wanted to save the boxes from some kid wrecking them further. :thumbsup:

• Like 6

RobExplorien

I do notice that boxed sets are much sought after by retro collectors (from any kind), I myself actually only like to buy the retro sets boxed now. As a kid I guess my parents where (mostly) the ones that just threw the boxes away, unknowing of the damage that was dealt as I was adding my verbal car sound effects to my Xalax racers.

I do notice that boxed sets are much sought after by retro collectors (from any kind), I myself actually only like to buy the retro sets boxed now. As a kid I guess my parents where (mostly) the ones that just threw the boxes away, unknowing of the damage that was dealt as I was adding my verbal car sound effects to my Xalax racers.

I think empty boxes aren't worth much.

Unboxing old sets is fun, but it costs money. Speaking o fwhich, I still have a boxed Slave I from 2006 lying around. I should probably open it.

Congratulations for finding so many sets for such a low price.

Did you have time to identify to which themes the offtopic-parts belong to (or are they just generic parts)?

Congratulations for finding so many sets for such a low price.

It's actually only 2 sets, the second pic was the inside of the top box on the left pic.

The sets were: http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/6765 and http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/7171

In a way it is like 4 sets though...

Did you have time to identify to which themes the offtopic-parts belong to (or are they just generic parts)?

Well, one plainly obvious part was a yellow boat. I don't have it near me atm, but I think it was this: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30086

There was a clear light blue visor as well.

EDIT: Oh yeah, another obvious part that didn't belong was a blue 2x4 Mega Blok. It was attached to a LEGO piece. D:

My dad always insisted on keeping the box (he was a LEGO maniac before I was :P ) and thus we have several hundred sets, most of them from before I was born, all in the original boxes. :P

Shadowblaze

we have several hundred sets

Oooh. I've got about 7 huge boxes of bricks, but I don't know how many sets there are. I think 100 or so, probably more. Most of my sets are new, I have got a very small amount of System sets due to the fact that I am quite some years younger than RRU's average, I haven't got even a Xalax racer, dang, I would love to get Pulse or Spiky.

• 3 months later...

Good find! Wow, they are some great sets. The old Western theme was so good.

Have you managed to assemble them now? Bricklink can help if you're missing parts.

Good find! Wow, they are some great sets. The old Western theme was so good.

Have you managed to assemble them now? Bricklink can help if you're missing parts.

I should really get round to building them... Maybe some day...

The Western set has most parts missing (~25% complete I'm guessing...).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.