Electra

Arthuriel

Beneath my digital MOCs I also built the rather ugly looking werewolf MOC with real bricks three years ago (I uploaded some pictures of it on RRU and Mocpages). A reason for that problem was my lack of useful parts (or rather the lack of those ball joints, that are used in Bionicle and Hero Factory sets).

Three years later I wanted to draw people and wondered how to get the perpective and proportions right. Then I remembered, that I had a female wooden mannequin for many years now, which I have never used. The main advantage was, that it actually helped me a bit with getting the perspective and proportions right and that it stayed in its position. The disadvantage was the bad flexibility. After that I thought: "Hmm, I wonder, if I could build a better and more awesome looking version out of Lego. I just need some newer sets to have more parts".

Well, here is the result: Electra. The flexibility is higher, but the stability is much lower (therefore I have to use acrylic varnish on the ball joints). I still had some part restrictions, but compared with my 2011 MOC I made quite some progress. After four months and ~800 bricks the project is now (hopefully) finished (but getting proportions etc. right was an annoying job) and it looks like I ended up with a gynoid, that you could put into a Sci-Fi setting (IN SPACE of course), instead of having a simple lego figurine, but who needs boring stuff anyway? ^^

About the part restriction thing again: I used 9 different ball joint bricks for this MOC, but 6 of them were small ball joints and therefore I had only 3 different bricks for the bigger ball joints left. I also had no Bionicle or Hero Factory sets, which made the job of building organic shapes harder.

And yes: Quite a few Mixel sets had to die for Electra ;)

Okay, after I have bored you enough with the back story I will show you some pictures:

WIP pictures:

Spoiler

A picture from April:

gallery_1586_213_37587.jpg

And here some pictures from July:

gallery_1586_213_677007.png

gallery_1586_213_322594.png

gallery_1586_213_566234.png

And here is a picture from the final MOC ([Update 2015-10-28]: I replaced the picture with a better one, that I made ~two weeks ago):

21929522348_4f7ecba465_b.jpgElectra by Arthuriel Aurillion, auf Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I have uploaded a new picture from my (probably) finished MOC. It's only one picture so far, because some photos were okay, but the lighting etc. wasn't that good, so I had to use GIMP 2 to improve it.

PS: The "hopefully finished after 4 months"-part will only stay there for a week or two I guess (otherwise almost every thread in the MOC section could have that bit forever^^), because I am happy, that the MOC is done now or at least in a state, where I can say "that's okay".

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.