Yet Another Rock Raiders Remake

Croza

Over the summer I have set myself a task, to learn how to use the Unity games engine. I'm doing this by making a mini-remake of Lego Rock Raiders. I'm doing this mainly for fun, and I'm not promising any significant outcome, but I thought I'd share my work anyway :)

Guthub repository: github.com/eellams/RR2
VERY EARLY windows builds: here
All the early builds really show is the map format - if you do download it, feel free to edit testmap.xml - any feedback would be much appreciated  :thumbsup: 

0.0.2_1.jpg?psid=1
objects.jpg?psid=1
0.0.1_1.jpg?psid=1
0.0.1_2.jpg?psid=1

I'm-a keeping my eye on this. I'll be interesting to see how it forms.

Guthub

I think the name you are looking for is GitHub. ;P

Did you port those minifigs from a Blender model into Unity? Because I have exactly the same minifig model you have in the screenshots except in Blender format.

Looks nice. Starred repo.

I'm-a keeping my eye on this. I'll be interesting to see how it forms.

Guthub

I think the name you are looking for is GitHub. ;P It's like The Secret World, but The Secret version of GitHub

Thanks for the support. I'm trying to make this as independent of Unity as I can (i.e. map files etc. can be loaded from outside of the compiled Unity files). Unfortunately Unity doesn't like this approach too much, and the code seems to be getting less and less orthodox.

I think the name you are looking for is GitHub. ;P

Screw it, the typo stays!

Interestingly enough it seems that http://guthub.com directs to GitHub...

Did you port those minifigs from a Blender model into Unity? Because I have exactly the same minifig model you have in the screenshots except in Blender format.

You probably have it, the minifig models was made by Graeme "Littlebrick" Allen from his thread here - I just exported it as a .fbx and loaded it in Unity. It's pretty vertex heavy atm, but he said he hopes to bring out a lower res model in September, which will be nice ^_^

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.