BIONICLE RETURNING 2015

jedi299

Lol! He might as well duck tape his mask on his head if the mask of creation is that crazy important! I'm looking at you Lewa! xD

• 2 weeks later...

Friendly reminder that if you haven't watched the episodes yet do it now because the new season is on fire and each episode only makes it burn brighter. Episode 12 just came out and I don't know what to do, how am I supposed to process something like this. Tahu and Kopaka are the biggest dorks.

Also the episode is called The Game, so you just lost. we all did

Edited by Pereki
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two more webisodes at 11:45, albeit with some bloke talking over it in another language. So far it's really unclear whether there's one more episode left or not, but either way I'm super-impressed with these animations and I really, really hope they stick around for the rest of G2's run.

EDIT: Apparently the account that uploaded these has been terminated, so here's some transcripts thanks to this bloke on eurobricks:

EPISODE 16:

Narrator; "Thousands of years have passed since Ekimu knocked the mask off the face of his brother Makuta. All this time the Mask Maker lay trapped, waiting for six heroes to unite the power of the elements and wake him from his sleep. It lasted eternity. It was their destiny.
Ekimu; "Brave Toa, you are... you are late"
Kopaka; "If you called an army of real warriors like me, this would have taken no time"
Ekimu; "You're power comes from your mask, true power comes from Unity, a duty we face. We must hurry. Evil has destroyed so much."
Onua; "Actually that was..."
Lewa; "So Ekimu, its out duty? what is happening?"
Ekimu; "It started just before you arrived"
Gali; "Who done what"
Ekimu; They call him Skull Grinder. An evil minion under Makuta's control. The Mask Of Creation... my mask... he's on his way to destroy it. If he succeeds all is lost"
Pohatu; "Where would he go to destroy a mask?"
Ekimu; "There is only one place, the mask forge"

EPISODE 17:

Narrator; "The six heroes had travelled far into the ancient city, defeating many enemies. By the power of their elements they had brought the Mask Maker back to life. But they have yet to face the true evil of Makuta and his powerful servants. Only by retrieving the Mask Of Creation would the Toa stand a chance against his power, the fate of Okoto was about to be decided."
Ekimu; "He has started my furnace"
Kopaka; "Let me cool things down"
Tahu; "Hey, fire is my element"
Ekimu; "Have you learnt nothing? Skull Basher will defeat you one by one"
Tahu; "Lets give him a _____ to meet" (Not sure of this line)
Ekimu; "What are you doing? We will defeat you and get the mask long before it melts"
Makuta (Possesing Skull Grinder); "I will have plenty of time once i have destroyed you"
Ekimu; "Makuta?"
Lewa; "What is the plan?"
Ekimu; "Keep him occupied"
Gali; "Is that it?"
Ekimu; "Just keep on fighting as long as you can"

TO BE CONTINUED

Edited by Ayliffe
R.I.P video link

I come bearing good leaks!

Some things that are worth pointing out is that the squares on each of the Toa's chests seem to resemble the Nuva Symbols of old. If this is indeed the case, then I'm totally okay with it. 

Also, Kopaka is the only one to have his respective small set come with him in the box. Despite his character being the one to most emphasize his preference of being alone. I dunno, I just found that to be ironic. 

Edited by McStudz
I'm a f****tard and uploaded the images directly onto the forums. Seriously.
  • Like 1

New sets look nice and all, and I was having fun looking at them, and then I read the text below Kopaka and Melum

Strong media support through Netflix and other channels

So uh. BIONICLE is getting a Netflix series. This is the kind of thing that was unthinkable at BIONICLE's peak, when the height of the theme's storytelling mediums were a handful of direct-to-video movies. It's the sort of thing that you can dream about as a fan, but always seemed too fantastical to become a reality.

But now it's real. And I realize I'm being such a stupid nerd by freaking out about this so much, but holy cow I'm freaking out, guys

If this series is going to be done by the crew working on the current episodes, I think I might die or something

this is happening. this is real life

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not letting myself get too hyped because it might be a movie/22 min thing, right? That's a possibility? I dunno, the prospect of a full miniseries/series just seems too good to be true.

this post is ironic considering my last post

Edited by Pereki

The Ace Railgun

Last episode of 2015! 

Wow, already? doesn't it seem like the story is moving a bit faster than it was for old BIONICLE?

If moving between 18 different 1:30 shorts that frequently summarize each other isn't your thing, have I got a better thing for you!

Quisoves Potoo

Oh dear, Onua's leg is obscenely obese

You know, looking at the name, I can see how someone might have mistaken "Toa" for "Tor."

You know, looking at the name, I can see how someone might have mistaken "Toa" for "Tor."

Yeah, that's a really unfortunately placed scratch on the A.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

mmmmm yes. Umarak's voice is hilariously miscast but Kopaka, Tahu and Ekimu are good. Lewa I'm a little iffy on because I really dug the intonation he had in the webisodes last year, but at least his voice here is true enough to his character in the original series.

There's nothing particularly special or promising in this, but the younger me inside of me darn well isn't going to let me get cynical about a BIONICLE series. Not yet, anyway.

Also, compare these.

It sure would be something if they supplemented the Netflix series with more webisodes - kind of like what Friends is doing. I don't want to get excited, but those designs are very polished to have been developed only for a 1-page comic...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.