LR2 Fun Facts and Tips

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

Fun Facts:

• There are skid sounds for different surface types, but only one is used globally, gravel.
  • There is a unused fanfare called CARUP which sounds similar to the fanfare when you get a car bonus. (Unused feature anyone?)
  • In Time Trial mode, your vehicle speed increased by the equivalent of 0.5 of a power upgrade.
  • Those random curb bricks you find in the water, lava, and other random places were not accidents, they were intentional!
  • You can glitch underwater in water bordered worlds by riding the Corkscrew
  • Professor Voltage was planned to be in this game, but instead got replaced by Sparky.
  • The Lighthouse Keeper who is only found in the bonus game still has dialouge for outside the bonus game, it is just unused!
  • The game devs didn't care if this game was for kids, they used vulgar language in the comments of scripts!

Tips:

• You can get a race startup boost by holding down the acceleration key/button starting from the last red countdown light.
  • Having trouble beating The Berg? Just after the checkpoint in the first small cave, head up the exit slope and take a left over the curb, you can cut the track and get a lead on The Berg!
  • The AI racers won't fix their vehicle if it is 50% damaged or more. Use this to your advantage and hit them with a weapon that can do 50% damage right after the area of the repair pit, they won't turn back!
  • The Stealth weapon doesn't just allow you to dodge blood hounds and see what weapons other racers hold, you can steal the weapons too by having contact!
  • You can shoot a Bloodhound that is following you with the Slizer Disc. As soon as you hit it, the missile explodes, but the disc will stay intact, allowing you to hit another target.
  • Shooting a car that is just coming out from repair pit will lose some of their bricks that have already been placed down, and the other bricks that are still coming in will be placed in mid-air.
  • On-foot racers can steal weapons from cars, but cars can't steal weapons from them.

Have anything else to contribute? Then by all means tell me!
  • Like 2

Maybe for fun facts you could mention the angry/vulgar comments from the developers inside the dialogue text files. (maybe its just me but I thought these were really funny. I guess it was just the irony of it)

you can steal the weapons too by having contact!

PFFfffffTtttTTTtt

The only time I ever succeeded in that was when they rammed me from behind. :P The brick boost isn't enough to catch them either.

hit them with a weapon that can do 50% damage

What weapons actually do this?

Tips from me:

On Tribal Trouble, the one with the nasty tight turn, go left (where the Stegosaurus usually is) off the track and then turn right and go straight. You'll go through the sharp turn but you don't have to turn at all.

OH NOES HELP the homing rocket is chasing you? Drive off the track! :P It follows the AI path (so it always hits them :P) and the road in general, but it will never cut across country. (My experience talking here)

Press 'Look Backwards' (default key is '4') and fire the disc powerup and it will go backwards. It's super effective! :P

You can hold onto the drill missile by holding 'Fire' instead of letting it go. You can't steer, and you lose the speed afterwards, and if you stay on for five seconds it explodes and weird stuff happens (I teleported back to the last checkpoint without losing any bricks).

A similar thing happens with the bubble thingy (Not the yellow one that's OverPowered). Hold it for a second or two and then let go! It'll drop behind you. NOTE: This is very effective is all the racers are clumped (beginning of a race usually) and they're too far away to hit them normally with it. Also, you can shove it directly in their path and it'll hit someone as they all follow the same route.

OH NOES HELP AGAIN PLS someone has that bubble powerup and they're using it? RUN RUN RUN in front of them: it will not hit you (Personal experience talking here; you do need to be more than half a stud in front of them)

The Tornado Powerup is a pain as it has such a loooooong reload time before you can pick up another powerup.

On Xalax, on the loop-de-loop, if you're going 10 lol just drive off the right side, skipping the loop. It's only quicker if you're travelling slowly.

The amount of bricks you get from a pit stop is determined by how long you stay in it, so if you're really low on bricks just drive slowly through there.

Edited by aidenpons

Shadowblaze

Every damaging weapon removes 10 bricks (without including the chassis), except for the Thunderball which removes an amount of bricks based on the car's distance to the explosion's center. If you run into a dropped thunderball, you lose all 20 bricks and then you get shot into the air. When you fall on the ground, you lose your last brick.

My tips:

You can shoot a Bloodhound that is following you with the Slizer Disc. As soon as you hit it, the missile explodes, but the disc will stay intact, allowing you to hit another target.

You can glitch underwater in Arctic by riding the Corkscrew. That is awesome but not too useful. :P

10 lol

Hehe. Hehehehe.

Fluffy Cupcake

hit them with a weapon that can do 50% damage

Uh, the slizer disc, shockwave, and the drop of the thunderball? Speaking of, the thunderball is VERY powerfull if you drop it and someone drives into it. That should be part of the thunderball tip.

OH NOES HELP, is the blood hound is chasing you? Drive off the track! :P It follows the AI path (so it always hits them :P) and the road in general, but it will never cut across country.

Initially it follows a path yes, but once it get's sight on its prey, it will chase you down, even across the whole map (swap the model with something without collision like the guide arrow and fall in the water when it gets near, you'll see what I mean). Oh wait, you meant if you hear it coming, not if it gets in sight of you.... yes I need sleep.

I'll get working on updating the list tomorrow.

Fluffy Cupcake

It would appear that LR2 is even worse than LI2 for increasing framerate. :P

Is something horrible suppose to happen? My monitor is stuck at 60hz, and I tried changing my adapter to maximum (75) and nothing.

Also, wow. I forgot about this topic already. Guess I've just been so busy with tons of other things. :P

Is something horrible suppose to happen? My monitor is stuck at 60hz, and I tried changing my adapter to maximum (75) and nothing.

For some reason it's quite picky about when it changes. I've tried reverting it back to 60Hz and only on this fifth try has it worked.

What should happen is that

the game should run at about 1.3 times its usual speed, making it nigh on impossible to steer and making what was a second (as in one sixtieth of a minute) about 0.6s

In other words, chaos. :P I couldn't even beat the racers on Sandy Bay. :P

• 2 weeks later...

These might be useless but:
Shooting car that just came from repairing pit (you can see those floating bricks) it will lose some of the bricks and others bricks will be placed in air (works only for cars that have lots of bricks. Post van might be perfect for this).
Don't steal drill or homing missile! They will only hurt your car (only once I have been able to shoot homing missile correctly).

Running racers can steal weapons from cars but cars can't steal weapons from them.

Edited by BadDream

• 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.