BrickFiesta 2014

Tauka Usanake

Tauka Usanake

So this is most likely old news and very late news, but being San Antonio where BrickFiesta is being help this year (and next month) I wanted to know who from here would be attending. It would be a nice way to meet up with some of the members of the community. I only know of a few in Texas who might be going so another reason for this topic is to work a way to meet up if desired. Personally I'd like to be of some use to anyone from here who will be attending as I am a local here. If things get boring then I would like to act as a host in a way but that's whatever.

Sooooo yeah, that's about it. Who will be attending and what will happen?

lol username

I'll be going. Not sure if I'll be there the whole time, but I'll definitely be there on Friday, and maybe one of the weekend public exhibition days as well.

Tauka Usanake

I don't recall Brick Fiesta starting tomorrow? That's Fourth of July and I thought it all started on Saturday.

I don't know what I'll be wearing that day, something LEGO-y for sure. I'll see what I can do to stand out

lol username

It started today. The weekend is the public exhibition. What day(s) will you be attending from here on out? As said, I'll be there tomorrow and on Sunday.

Saturday, for sure.

I'll be wearing my traditional fancybadge; a vignette which says 'AOKPISZ' on it showcasing my sigfig. My brother's will say 'ALEO00'. We are both short, with black hair and glasses, so its easy to get us mixed up. I'd post a picture but I broke the camera a while back.

Tauka Usanake

I'll be there tomorrow and either Sunday or Monday, depends how things work out. I will have my sister with me who will most likely dress a little punky. I'll most likely have a jacket on because jacket.

If there is a place to meet up at over there, that would make things a bit easier.

lol username

Uh, ok, but there is no Monday. Sunday is the last day.

I'm in the general assembly meeting right now. They are advising us not to drink the hotel tap water.

Tauka Usanake

The front page says July 5 to 10 but another page says 3-6? What the hell? Now I almost don't want to go to it. >:( Still, I guess I have Tomorrow and Sunday.

Well f****. I'm not happy anymore

lol username

Brick Fiesta 2014 - the premier LEGO® fan event in Texas - is being held in San Antonio, Texas with public hours on July 5 from 10 AM to 4 PM and July 6 from 10 AM to 3 PM. You will be able to purchase memberships at the door up to an hour before the public exhibition closes for that day. No strollers please.

I think you misread part of the public hours as the days. The full schedule is here: http://www.brickfiesta.com/2014-sanantonio

If you've got a phone or tablet or something that can run Skype we could use that to help in meeting up.

Also, heads up, the vendors are selling quite a lot of stuff.

Tauka Usanake

I know to take money with me, also why I got a two-day pass. Hopefully I won't be there too late.

I could maybe get my sister to install Skype on her laptop and connect with that. Don't know about wifi there and by then it might be too late. I'll work something out

lol username

There was still a lot of setup going on today, and some of the vendors hadn't even arrived yet when I left this evening. You won't be too late; the weekend is when things really kick into high gear.

Not sure about wifi there, I haven't checked up on it - and given how crowded these things can sometimes be during public hours I dunno where you'd even really use a laptop... There's some tables around a pool in the center courtyard, maybe there. But by that point it'd just be easier to look for people using a laptop. :P

Tauka Usanake

So that was pretty nice being there. Didn't see Jamesster there or Aokpisz. I'm going back in an hour for Future of Brick Fiesta and staying for the Mobile Frame Zero. Maybe find me then.

lol username

I'm not there today, my family is visiting friends in the area. I'll be there tomorrow.

I was there, did not see Tauka... :S

I looked for jacket-wearing individuals accompanied by punky women but did not see any. :P

lol username

Ok, I should be there from tomorrow/Sunday morning (*hopefully* around 9:00 AM onward) to the end of the con in the afternoon. I'll be in the standard black shirt they have for this year. Glasses, sigfig (except screaming) on badge, kinda tall, blah blah, I think I said it before but I'm too lazy tonight to go back a page and double check.

Tauka Usanake

I was not wearing my jacket at all today. My sister would have bitched at me. I'll be there in the morning wearing a while LEGO Star Wars shirt with blue jeans this time around. Glasses too. I'm going to try getting a minifig or two printed, working on it tonight

Tauka Usanake

Well darn. I wasn't that guy at the Star Wars moc table, we had the same shirt. I didn't stay there past noon because my sister was getting tired but I did get enough that I wanted there. I was also looking for you but I guess I didn't look enough

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.