What life is like being an anime/pokemon fan in Texas...

FlashySnakez

FlashySnakez

Well, in Texas, a lot of people think Anime is Stupid. You can get harassed for it, and more, I secretly love Pokémon, but I'm moderate with everything else. Many think Anime is for people who have low IQ to watch, but that is wrong, as I have a high IQ, and I was taught things by playing and watching Pokémon. Remember that when you're in Texas, don't go to the East or West if you want to share Anime, go to San Antonio, or Houston to do it with others, those are some cites that like it a bit.

Well, in Australia, a lot of people think Games are Stupid. You can get harassed for it, and more, I secretly love Games, but I'm moderate with everything else. Many think Games are for people who have low IQ to play, but that is wrong, as I have a high IQ, and I was taught things by playing and watching Games. Remember that when you're in Australia, don't go to the East or West if you want to share Games, go to America, or Canada to do it with others, those are some countries that like it a bit.

• Like 9

lol username

Greetings from Texas. My (former) neighbors butchered a goat in their back yard. There is a donut shop on every corner. The local barber shop is filled with taxidermied animals, and the barbers have far more hair on their chins than they do their scalps. There are fire ants everywhere outside. Have you remembered the Alamo today?

Well, in Australia, a lot of people think Games are Stupid. You can get harassed for it, and more, I secretly love Games, but I'm moderate with everything else. Many think Games are for people who have low IQ to play, but that is wrong, as I have a high IQ, and I was taught things by playing and watching Games. Remember that when you're in Australia, don't go to the East or West if you want to share Games, go to America, or Canada to do it with others, those are some countries that like it a bit.

Out of curiosity, is that the attitude in the more populated city areas as well, or just in the rural areas?

Quisoves Potoo

Methinks your sentiments and musings concerning the state of Anime appreciators in Texas might be better served as a blog post. 

A blog post is, it seems to me, used on Rock Raiders United as something akin to a lecture: A presentation, of an experience, knowledge, or idea. Discussion of the subject is secondary to the subject itself.

A regular post here, on the other hand, is closer to a seminar: A question exists to be answered or an issue to be discussed, and the participation of the community is the very reason that the topic exists.

All of which is my typically long-winded way of saying that if you don't want your thoughts on Anime to be noticed primarily by how out-of-place they seem in the order of things, start yourself a blog here. :P

That said, I think that you really ought to expand your post, as in its current state it leaves me rather nonplussed. What you're saying is clear, just not why you're saying it.

• Like 2

Tauka Usanake

go to San Antonio

And so I laugh like a crazy person just because of this. :3

Greetings from Texas. My (former) neighbors butchered a goat in their back yard. There is a donut shop on every corner. The local barber shop is filled with taxidermied animals, and the barbers have far more hair on their chins than they do their scalps. There are fire ants everywhere outside. Have you remembered the Alamo today?

And where do you live? Does anyone even acknowledge San Antonio besides ourselves? I would't think anyone would

Out of curiosity, is that the attitude in the more populated city areas as well, or just in the rural a

All areas bar my house, jobless's house and EB Games.

• Like 3

lol username

And where do you live? Does anyone even acknowledge San Antonio besides ourselves? I would't think anyone would

Roughly around Houston. What's a San Antonio? :P

Greetings from Texas. My (former) neighbors butchered a goat in their back yard.

Well, at least they made life in flatland more interesting.

There is a donut shop on every corner.

I am far more envious of that than I should be. Do they eat chicken and waffles as well over there?

I live in Austin and I have about 6 or so friends who like anime, and plenty who don't like it but don't have a problem with it.

Well, hello from rural Georgia, where a lot of people think the idea of an TFOL or AFOL is Stupid. You can get funny looks for it, and more, I less secretly love LEGO, but I'm reserved with everything else. There seems to be a white Ford F-150 truck on every street. Many think LEGO is for children who are little to play, but that is wrong, as I am a big person, and I was learned things by playing and imagining LEGO. The farmers have more sunscreen on their face than lotion. Remember that when you're in Georgia, don't go to Atlanta or Savannah if you want to share ABS plastic, go to Alabama or Tennessee to do it with others, those are some states that like LUGs and LEGO cons a bit. I did not dear hunt yesterday.

Brickulator

Many think Anime is for people who have low IQ to watch, but that is wrong, as I have a high IQ

This is inspirational.

Here in upstate New York, I can take out my 2DS in public and nothing happens.

At my University, a standard greeting is asking what your favorite Pokemon is. (Mine's Vileplume)

Bite me. I like my 2DS.

I just feel that the screen isn't protected like on the 3DS. True, you don't have hinge to worry about, but that's not the point...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.