Peanuts Movie - 2015

Ayliffe

Basically, a Peanuts film is being produced by Blue Sky Studios and 20th Century Fox, and it will be released on November 6, 2015. The film is directed by Steve Martino and written by Bryan Schulz, Craig Schulz, and Cornelius Uliano. This news on it's own may seem worrying to some people, mainly because the traditional art style of Charles Schulz could have been ruined or the numerous failed movies of old cartoons such as that Yogi Bear film. However, in march a small teaser trailer was unveiled that is simply visually brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a05_xOqzjW8

13324381184_174fcd049c_z.jpg

13324380214_9890a6babe_z.jpg

So, what do you all think of this?  :)

So, what do you all think of this? :)

They look like inflatable balloons. With more balloons stuck on them. And then cheesy faces drawn with vivid. The background looks heavily animated.

This news on it's own may seem worrying to some people, mainly because the traditional art style of Charles Schulz could have been ruined or the numerous failed movies of old cartoons

Yup, sounds about right to my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems the new trend in Hollywood, is, instead of wondering why they should make a movie, wondering "why not?"

(and then ignore any good reasons not to anyway)

They look like inflatable balloons. With more balloons stuck on them. And then cheesy faces drawn with vivid. The background looks heavily animated.

Um. What are they supposed to look like? They look just like they do in the comic strip.

I think the movie could be fantastic. We'll just have to wait and see.

Also, if all you're worrying about is "ruining" Charles Shulz's style, you should know that this won't be the first time Peanuts has been rendered in 3D:

• 2 weeks later...

At least it's something that will make the world stop playing those really old, painful-to-watch movies. Actually, no it won't. For some reason people love those really crappy things.

Drill Master

At least it's something that will make the world stop playing those really old, painful-to-watch movies. Actually, no it won't. For some reason people love those really crappy things.

Hey respect the classics, man. If it weren't for those "crappy things" we wouldn't have had to movies we have today.

Hey respect the classics, man. If it weren't for those "crappy things" we wouldn't have had to movies we have today.

I do, I mean no disrespect.

It's just my family treats them almost like religion. Every time a holiday rolls around, we watch it like 30 times.

I'm just glad that there is something else to stir into the mix.

The Ace Railgun

A peanuts movie eh? Well I'm ok with it just as long as Micheal Bay or M. Night Shayalman don't direct it...and Steve Martino is a pretty good director.

ProfessorBrickkeeper

I'm ok with it just as long as Micheal Bay or M. Night Shayalman don't direct it

Come on, a Michael Bay peanuts movie? With excess explosions? That would be awesome. Humanity now needs that.

• Like 3

lol username

Come on, a Michael Bay peanuts movie? With excess explosions? That would be awesome. Humanity now needs that.

I do, I mean no disrespect.

It's just my family treats them almost like religion.

ADHERE TO THE CULT OF THE BALDED LAD!!! PRAISE THE BIPEDAL DOG!!! FIE UPON THE EVIL ONE, THE TAKER OF FOOTBALLS!!!

• Like 1

The Ace Railgun

No, it would ruin it. Also, you wouldn't be able to tell who was blowing up who, remember Transformers: Dark of the Moon, or Revenge of the Fallen? It would just be a bunch of card board characters on an exploding set...Film is art, not explosions galore...

No, it would ruin it. Also, you wouldn't be able to tell who was blowing up who, remember Transformers: Dark of the Moon, or Revenge of the Fallen? It would just be a bunch of card board characters on an exploding set...Film is art, not explosions galore...

A think a quote from Charlie Brown himself is fitting.

"Don't you know sarcasm when you hear it?"

The Ace Railgun
"Don't you know sarcasm when you hear it?"

"I'd like to do more stuff with less sarcasm."
--Sara Gilbert

But, back to the movie, it seems that one of my favorite Editors is taking part in the post production, Ellen Keneshea. I also like her work in Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and A Bug's Life, so this gives me another reason to see it. 

Also, the trailer is no longer working. So here's a new version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a05_xOqzjW8

*snip*

Fixed  :)

Also, I found these earlier:

401px-Imageposter1.jpg

401px-Imageposter2.jpg

Apparently they're going to be at San Diego Comic-Con this year.  :)

*snip*

Fixed  :)

Also, I found these earlier:

It looks a little too polished.

• 5 months later...

New Trailer!

http://youtu.be/qI34nBlJxP8

EDIT:

Also new poster!

peanuts-movie-2015-poster.jpg

And a full list of the main cast!

Plus there's a short official synopsis for the film:

In the film, Snoopy, the world’s most lovable beagle – and flying ace – embarks upon his greatest mission as he takes to the skies to pursue his arch-nemesis The Red Baron, while his best pal, Charlie Brown, begins his own epic quest

The more I read about this film, the more I desperately want to see it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.