LEGO business card

RobExplorien

RobExplorien

I'm probably not the first you hear from about this, but I figured I mind as well post the dutch version of it here. It is just a small news article from Algemeen Dagblad (dutch newspaper), june 6th 2014:

gallery_6631_286_764324.png

Translation:

LEGO makes business card of LEGO

København | What if your business card also is a miniature version of yourself?
   If your company's name is LEGO, then it is possible. Employees of the LEGO Company receive instead of business cards a personal LEGO minifigure, with name of the employee on the front and contact information on the back. Top executive Jørgen Vig Knudstorp also has one. They are not regular mnifigures: they have been made to make them resemble their employee. It is not yet clear if all employees get such a minifigure or if they are just for high staff. The expression 'giving one's business card' is a synonym for making a good first impression. But except for name, e-mail and cellphone number, the minifigures give little to no impression. The standard business card is a rectangular piece of cardboard, that's it. All the more fun for the company to come up with new ideas in times of increasing internet use and virtual contacts.
   Graphic designers love to design original business cards, which becomes apparent from a collection of those cards from Business Insider.
   A photographer has a card that, by using a zig-zag edge, can be cropped, a gardening business has cards with plant seeds in them, a publisher has cards which look like books. And designer Daniel Ballou had a coin made with his portrait and e-mail. After all, it fits in your wallet. 

(image description) Personal minifigures serve as a special business card.

• Like 3

lol username

Kevin Hinkle gives his out at LEGO cons, I've got two from Brick Fiesta last year:

20140607_112012_lowres.jpg

There was also this Reddit thread a few days ago, which some LU devs and Nabii (a set designer) commented on: http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/27abo0/a_guest_at_my_hotel_is_a_designer_for_lego_this/chyz67e

They're pretty cool. I wonder if the torsos for these things are worth anything extra as they're obviously quite unique prints...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.