LEGO Batman 3 Announced

lol username

Not sure what either of those stories have to do with Batman 3... But the first has been discussed in status updates and the second isn't new and has been reported on before. I can post the first one as news if you think it should be, but it's already been talked about here on RRU a bit.

Edit: Posted.

• 2 weeks later...

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-batman-3-mcm-comic-con-reveals/

More new characters revealed at MCM Comic-Con: Black Canary and Reverse Flash.

Sort of interesting how much emphasis they've come to put on what characters will be playable in new games. Minifigs in TT games have sort of become digital collectibles. Not really practical, in that only a few are needed to actually play the game, but attractive in a "gotta catch em' all" sense on a game-by-game basis. I guess a lot of the steam that the current LEGO games are running off of is dependent on the novelty of seeing familiar characters in LEGO.

• 1 month later...
Quisoves Potoo

I can't really blame TT for not innovating when apparently what people want is what they've been doing. :/

Well, you could blame them from an artistic standpoint, but I know what you mean. l405G.jpg.

The tragedy is that they could be enrichng the tastes of their consumers, but I suspect that their tastes would have to be enriched in order for that to happen.

I live in the hope that one day a fan-game shall be made that is genuinely superb, and which becomes popular enough to force TT to raise its game (no pun intended l405G.jpg)

I live in the hope that one day a fan-game shall be made that is genuinely superb, and which becomes popular enough to force TT to raise its game (no pun intended l405G.jpg)

Better knuckle down and start up Stencyl... Somewhat more seriously though, we did have that Lego Ideas competition and it would be a shame to see them all go to waste...

Anyway, why are they making Batman 3 in the first place? Usually TT makes the games to complement the sets.... but I don't think Lego's releasing any new Batman or anything sets anytime soon?

Quisoves Potoo

Anyway, why are they making Batman 3 in the first place? Usually TT makes the games to complement the sets.... but I don't think Lego's releasing any new Batman or anything sets anytime soon?

Actually, there are a few coming out next year. For example..

76027-1.jpg

Actually, there are a few coming out next year.

Oh, that explains a lot of it. l405G.jpg But it appears to be only four sets and that's hardly enough to warrant a game... or did the Batman 1 and 2 games sell particularly well and TT wants to exploit The Lego Movie's hype?

Quisoves Potoo

or did the Batman 1 and 2 games sell particularly well and TT wants to exploit The Lego Movie's hype?

As Pereki noted, Batman 1 sold exceedingly well, and I shouldn't therefore be surprised if the same is true of the second. I believe that the intent of LEGO was always to produce a third installment in the series, given the teaser at the end of LEGO Batman 2.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.