21 replies to this topic

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

RRU: Racers Tournament #2
Welcome back everyone for the second LEGO Racers racing tournament. It's quite amazing to see how fast time goes, it's been almost a year since the first tournament was announced. It's been a long time, so dust off your engines, fill your fuel tanks and enlist into the Galactic Empire race.

Joining the Tournament

To join this tournament, reply to this topic stating that you will be joining. You will need all Time Race tracks unlocked, if you don't, replace your save game with this one supplied by JimbobJeffers. The start date has not been released, however it will be very shortly.

Tournament Process

Once the contestants are in, the first round will be announced. The announcement will contain who is racing and the track. If you are a racer, you then have 48hrs to record your fastest race in Time Race mode and upload the video. I will also send you a PM.  The fastest racers out of all the videos goes into the next round. This repeats until there is a winner.

Racing Rules

• Race must be done with LEGO Racers PC.
  • Racing must be done in Time Race mode.
  • No cheat codes
  • No warping (Speed boosts are allowed)
  • All 3 laps must be done.
  • Shortcuts ARE allowed.

Recording Software

In order to record your racing video you will need recording software. Below is a list of popular recorders. Try them and pick what is best for you. These videos need to be uploaded to Youtube, so keep that in mind.

Uploading Videos

Once you have recorded your race video, it will need to be uploaded to YouTube. When uploading your video, set the video as a 'unlisted' video. This is important because if other contestants see your video they will know your race time. Once this has been done, send me a Personal Message on this forum with the link to the video.

Late Videos

If you don't send me the link to the video before the deadline is up (and without reason), you forfeit the tournament.

GO GO GO.

• Sharkly, McStudz, Xiron and 5 others thanked this

jamesster

jamesster

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts
Dunno if I'll be able to make the 48 hour deadline each time with all this traveling, but I'll sign up. I should be able to do something.

Fushigisaur

Eh, why not? I'll go ahead and throw my hat in the ring, even though I'm not the best at this game. You lose 100% of the races you don't enter, right?

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Dunno if I'll be able to make the 48 hour deadline each time with all this traveling, but I'll sign up. I should be able to do something.

Just let me know ahead of time if you think you'll need more time for a video.

le717

Unless there's a conflict with my summer schedule, count me in.

Eh, why not? I'll go ahead and throw my hat in the ring, even though I'm not the best at this game.

Did you see my entries last year? Honestly, you'll have to try hard to be any worse than me. Xiron can confirm this. :P

I guess I need to get Racers working again so I can practice, eh Xiron? ;P

Pereki

Pereki

Tohunga

• Silver Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

"Way cool! Count me in and sign me up!"

Sharkly

I'd like to have a go at this as well, It's been a while since I played Racers.

MaelstromIslander

MaelstromIslander

Modification and Unused Content Researcher

• Bronze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

I'd love to join, but i seriously need to go practice on Ice Planet Pathway... thats just... impossible.

RobExplorien

Count me in for now, but I won't be certain if I can race until I know the deadline of the first round, so I'll just see about that.

aidenpons

I'll see what I can do... even if it's fail. :P

Random idea: All the people on RRU who live nearby should play a Versus Race and we'd see from there. :P

No cheat codes

Last time I checked, LR cheat codes didn't affect Time Trials.

Xiron

As much as I would like to join, future things prevent me. In a bit over a month from now I will not be able to do any TTing. I won't have the time or computer to do it on (travelling and such). And seeing how the last tournament lasted two months... nope, this wouldn't be a good idea.

jamesster

jamesster

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts
Sorry, looks like I won't be able to do this either. I'm stuck with a Windows 8 laptop until I get home in about a week and a half to two weeks, and Racers just simply doesn't work on it. I've screwed around with various settings, but it just keeps crashing.

McJobless

I figure the reason you're using Racers is because you're so scared I might win, you've chosen the one racing game I don't own out of fear.

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

I figure the reason you're using Racers is because you're so scared I might win, you've chosen the one racing game I don't own out of fear.

Prove it. :glasses:

• McJobless thanked this

McJobless

Prove it. :glasses:

Send me a copy of the game maybe :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RRU, Contest, LEGO Racers, Tournament