Island Xtreme Stunts XP issues

Aestus

I'm running XP SP3 and have tried just about everything to get it working. I can get it to run fine, that's not the problem. The problem comes shortly into the game during, or not long after the first jump. I've made it farthest to the part where you're chasing the car right after the jump, but no further until the game crashes hard back to windows.

I've tried the no cd patch, and while it works like it should it doesn't prevent crashing.

Does anyone know what else I might be able to try to get to play the game?

Getting that is going to be problematic for me as I no longer even know where my disc is. I store my games as disc images on external drives when I get them so I don't even worry about discs anymore.  Anyways there are no legal concerns unless you redistribute copyrighted data taken from lego, however patches which only modify the data are perfectly legal to redistribute as much as you please. As well, the plain no-cd patch is already available elsewhere and if piracy were someone's desire then they already have the means to do it. To restrict access to things like this is to risk them dropping off the planet when the originator changes interests, like the original patch has. I think it would only be a good thing for the community if it were made available to the public.

Fluffy Cupcake

Yeah yeah, game pirating is nothing new, but the point here is to not encourage it.

Some versions of the game can not be played using the no-cd method. This patch allows that, and also fixes some problems that causes crashing at the same time. So for people to AQUIRE the crashing fix, they need to be shown they own the game. No pirating will help them get the fix there. ;)

On an unimportant note, I was also told not to host it here too on top of the legal matters (hence why it is on the other site).

You understand though that it also prevents legitimate users like me from potentially being able to play the game without even stopping piracy, it just means I can't revisit part of my past. I'm certainly not tracking down and buying (what is probably rare and expensive now) it again just to get a picture.

Shouldn't it be possible to release the part that fixes crashes without the no-cd portion? Or are they somehow too closely tied to be separated? Or hints on what needs to be changed to fix the crashing so I can make a patch myself? I've spent hours trying to get it working on more than one occasion and at this point I'm nearing just calling it a loss and giving up.

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm certainly not tracking down and buying (what is probably rare and expensive now) it again just to get a picture.

Just a few months ago a memeber here bought IXS... likely not expensive either.

Shouldn't it be possible to release the part that fixes crashes without the no-cd portion? Or are they somehow too closely tied to be separated?

It uh, kinda ties in with it.

Tell ya what. I'll work something out with you in a PM.

Fluffy Cupcake

Are you still giving it out

Always.

Can I get the patch too? I have proof that I have the disk.

Yes you can get it, just show me the proof.

dash2justice

Thanks, works great so far.  I did have to run Lunar IPS as admin to get it to patch game.exe but works perfect so far.

• 6 years later...
Cyberbrickmaster86

I've been having issues installing Lego Island Xtreme Stunts on my computer. Every time I install the game, it goes straight to 76%, states it's currently removing applications and then freezes. I have tried compatibility settings and I've tried erasing left over data of the game on my computer, but no success.  I would upload the image in this post, but I can't figure out how with this forum, as it only accepts URLs for some reason. And yes I have tried the Universal Extractor, but the guide is only helpful if you have Lego Rock Raiders. I cannot find a .cab file in my CDrom of Island Xtreme Stunts. If you need more information about what CDrom I'm using, I think it's the Funzone re-release of the game. Also, I can't try installing it again without using a different installation of the game one after the other, because once an installation stops working, it will become unusable unless I use a different installation to counterfeit the other.

Any advice on what I should do?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.