Favorite Classic Lego Theme?

Seaborgium

So given this forum is rather big on classic Lego, I thought it might be interesting to see what everyone's favorite classic theme is. For the sake of the discussion, I believe Classic should probably mean "(relatively) well remembered, pre-2003 themes that were significant to Lego", meaning ZNAPs would not be included(though Fabuland might be).

Mine would probably be Lion Knights I or Time-twisters/Cruisers.

• Like 3

MaelstromIslander

Oh man... i love thousands of old themes... Pretty much just Islanders, all Castle Themes except classic castle, Blacktron, Insectoids, and UFO. But, like i said, i love almost all classic themes.

though Fabuland might be
Who has Fabuland as their favourite theme? :P

Mine's a tough call between Rock Raiders and Mars Mission... except that MM was released in 2007.

There again, I don't have much knowledge of pre-2000 themes...

though Fabuland might be
Who has Fabuland as their favourite theme? :P

Mine's a tough call between Rock Raiders and Mars Mission... except that MM was released in 2007.

There again, I don't have much knowledge of pre-2000 themes...

I never said that it was anyone's favorite theme(though apparently certain LU designers were rather fond of it.), but it was techinically a classic theme. Many well known pieces are a result of it. Heck, until the 2,000s cauldrons used to have the word Fabuland inscribed on the bottom of them.

• 1 month later...

Hi !

I like City theme, because I always wanted to make a city with a lot of figs, cars and building. (Also because of Lego Creator was a bit based on city theme).

(Not sure if this was named "city" back in time).

But I only got an old police station from 99 or 00 xD

'>

Anyway I got some adventurers/orient expedition :

'>

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/File:7414_Elephant_Caravan.jpg

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/File:7417-1.jpg

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/File:7418-1.jpg

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/File:Legosherpa.jpg

And a lot of bricks that some guys give to me, without the instrctions and mixed... they are older than 2003 I think.

Also, because I moved a lot of time, a lot of bricks are surely lost, and all bricks are mixed, without the instructions...

(Sorry for my english).

1. LEGO Rock Raiders
  2. LEGO Artic (2001)
  3. LEGO Space Port (1999)

That's my top three, but I basically love every theme so far.

• 2 weeks later...
sheepandshepherd

My favorites are definitely Bionicle (especially the first two years) and Rock Raiders. But before those even existed, I really liked this one, the UFO theme:

6979-1.jpg

My brother and I both got the big mothership set and some smaller ones. I remember rebuilding that thing so many different ways too, don't think I was ever that creative with any other Lego set.

This is almost hard to answer because I like all classic themes, but my number one favorite would have to be town (especially sets from 1991-97). The second best theme would either be Life on Mars or Adventurers for me. I also really like Alpha Team (2001), Western and Racers (2001-03).  My least favorite theme would be Time Cruisers.

I don't know why I'm even bothering to answer this thread honestly but I have to say it's a tie between Rock Raiders and Insectoids... I'm focusing on collecting all the LRR models at the moment but once that's done I will move on to Insectoids... if my wallet can handle it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, so many bring strong nostalgia. To put the most prominent of them in a list...

• Adventurers
  • Alpha Team
  • BIONICLE
  • Drome Racers
  • Life on Mars
  • Rock Raiders

There may be others I've missed out. But if I had to choose my favourite of them all? Probably BIONICLE. However, if I had to choose just one to take to a desert island... I think I'd actually choose Drome Racers. No idea why.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you're talking late 90s and early 2000s, I'd have to say Rock Raiders, Life On Mars, Alpha Team (To an extent), and Bionicle (Since it started around that time anyway.).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.