Hello Y'all

Seaborgium

Hello y'all. I've been looking around this boards, watching the insanity, and so decided I'd join. :D

Anyway, I'm a TFOL(does this forum use that slang) and enjoy building steampunk mocs, old Lego games, interactive fiction[you know, Zork, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy(I got the Babblefish! ;P ), Enchanter, Infidel, Beyond Zork etc.], other good RPGs, and a variety of other things.

I like classic Lego, particularity Classic castle. My favorite Lego game is Lego Racers 1.(Though LR2 had some awesome stuff you could do within the limits of what you were supposed to, like battles, and beyond that, like riding a drill missile to get below the Mars Lava river). 

Outside of the realm of games and hobbies, I enjoy reading, stroking my chickens beard, and arguing the heck out of anything.

I ramble, don't I?

Well anyway, I'm here on RRU now, and I will enjoy the challenge of trying to makes things even more bizarre than they already are(bizarre is just a wonderful word? You don't need to be grandiloquent or circumloquacious to use it).

• Like 2

RobExplorien

Hey Seaborgium, how're you? Good thing to see another LR fan around here, but this:

Lego Racers 1

I can't stand. It is just LEGO Racers or LEGO Racers 2. Yes I'm nitpicking. 

You don't need to be grandiloquent or circumloquacious to use it).

I have a feeling that you can quite relate to 's way of talking.

Anyway, enjoy your stay.

• Like 2

Shadowblaze

Hello, Seaborgium, and welcome to RRU! Watch out for landslides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlUglQT4H5M

I am one of the very few composers on RRU, along with my friend Drill Master, and yes, I made this madness music. :P

riding a drill missile to get below the Mars Lava river

Oh, you've never been under Arctic before? ;)

got the Babblefish!

My reaction:

:) - :| - /:| - :( - D: - O_O - D8:0

It's the Babelfish.

Back on topic after now four rants today...

Seaborgium, on 24 Apr 2014 - 6:35 PM, said: You don't need to be grandiloquent or circumloquacious to use it). I have a feeling that you can quite relate to Quisoves Pugnat's way of talking.

Eeyup. You should get along just fine.

EXCEPT

that there was not one :P smiley in that. A winking one DOES NOT QUALIFY.

*Cire checks box marks 'Five'*

*fails to reboard topic*

Enjoy your doughnut your stay here and... and... aa.... watch out for the landslides. I have plans... Upcoming plans....

EDIT: Jamesster's 'Plans' blog was the next tab. How fitting. :P

*again fails to reboard topic*

We can't go without the shark!

• Like 3

I'm a TFOL (does this forum use that slang)

Sometimes, though most people just make stuff up as they go here.

:) - :| - /:| - :( - D: - O_O - D8 - :0

Haha never noticed that it made a perfect face animation.

We can't go without the shark!

or the tomato....

got the Babblefish!

My reaction:

:) - :| - /:| - :( - D: - O_O - D8:0

It's the Babelfish.

Oh dear. I can't believe I made that mistake. :cry: ( :P)

But have you ever played Infocom's "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Game"? It's got the opposite problem of most licensed games. Instead of biggybacking on its source material, Douglas Adams himself helped design, and make it special, unique, and quite often frustrating. It's one of those few games where you punch the air if you just manage to make it down the stairs(in the game) without dieing.

Of course, this was in the eighties, when new platforms weren't coming out left and right, so instead of what we do nowadays, which is pretty much make the same kind of game(first-person-shooters) with better graphics and sound as soon as a shiny new platform comes out, people actually made progressively more complex, interesting, in depth, and captivating games for about a decade. Then DOOM came along, people stopped making games for the Apple II, and things went down hill from there. I've heard Zelda kind of picked things up when it came along, but games in general are more handholdy, plotless, challengeless, and unengaging, than they were in the eighties, which is why you could have games which were quite hard, and people would still play them, and enjoy them.

Quisoves Potoo

Welcome, pilgrim!

Its good to see you've finally joined the Rock Raiders United community.

Have fun as your sanity wanes away.

gallery_8294_414_31006.png

Oh, and may the sheep never overcome you!

Welcome, pilgrim!

Its good to see you've finally joined the Rock Raiders United community.

Have fun as your sanity wanes away.

gallery_8294_414_31006.png

Oh, and may the sheep never overcome you!

Oh hello Quiseoves. We meet again. It seems poor Timmy is either a zombie or fated to be Ogel.  :D How tragic :D

Hi hi hi! Welcome to RRU. Did you want one of my infamous waffles? :wffl:

Your waffles...

they is not rectangular :rf: 

Oh, by the way, have you ever had fried chicken and waffles? Wonderful use of waffles.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

Well if I had KNOWN you wanted RECTANGULAR waffles, I would of MADE them so.

Oh, by the way, have you ever had fried chicken and waffles? Wonderful use of waffles.

No, no I have not. (and I thought I did weird food combos...)

No, no I have not. (and I thought I did weird food combos..

It's not really considered a "food combo" like scrambled eggs and maple syrup or bacon and jelly on toast, or peanutbutter and fried eggs on a sandwich with cheese, it's actually a legitimate southern dish.

I'm late to the party, but better late than never. :P

Hi. I'm le717. You'll see me around, I'm sure of it. No, I do not have any waffles, landslides, or animated gifs for you. In fact, I usually don't have anything to give but my greetings. So hi.

It's not really considered a "food combo" like scrambled eggs and maple syrup or bacon and jelly on toast, or peanutbutter and fried eggs on a sandwich with cheese, it's actually a legitimate southern dish.

You're making me hungry for chicken and waffles. Stop it. :P

EDIT: Are you from the southern US or just heard is a southern dish? :P

I'm late to the party, but better late than never. :P

Hi. I'm le717. You'll see me around, I'm sure of it. No, I do not have any waffles, landslides, or animated gif for you. In fact, I usually don't have anything to give but my greetings. So hi.

You're making me hungry for chicken and waffles. Stop it. :P

EDIT: Are you from the southern US or just heard is a southern dish? :P

Don't worry "hi" is a very legitimate greeting :).

As for your question about the south, no, I'm from California. My family did live in the Midwest for a while, so that helped kindle our love of fried chicken. My dad loves making fried chicken, so every once in a while we have fried chicken, and sometimes we'll make waffles to go with them.

And yes you should be hungry for chicken and waffles. Very hungry :P

Seaborgium

... So how about you post some steampunk MOCs? :3

I was planning to. I've got to take pictures with a white backround, because they're in a rather cluttered garage. They're more romanticized Jules Verne style(sort of his vision of the future) steam punk.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.