Shadowblaze

It has been proved that going creates a timewarp which may cause cups to turn into flowers.

Does it turn Red to Blue depending on who you are?

Shadowblaze

It has been proved that going creates a timewarp which may cause cups to turn into flowers.

Does it turn Red to Blue depending on who you are?

Nope, but it could teleport you 16 years forward, when Cyrem posted the first topic on RRU.

What if it went -210 lols per second? Would I cause the game to break? Or would I be teleported all the way to before time began? OR would it cause me to stop making these posts?

Shadowblaze

What if it went -210 lols per second? Would I cause the game to break? Or would I be teleported all the way to before time began? OR would it cause me to stop making these posts?

It would probably cause someone to get mad for you writing pointless posts. :P

Well... on a serious note, how did you even achieve that (*referring to picture*)? Did you just change the words or was it harder than that?

Shadowblaze

Well... on a serious note, how did you even achieve that (*referring to picture*)? Did you just change the words or was it harder than that?

I hex edited the TEXT SRINGS.AME file, and I replaced the M.P.H string with L.O.L. Now I could try to put lol/s but I doubt it will work, in fact the text has to be as long as the string changed, in this case just 3 letters long.

in fact the text has to be as long as the string changed, in this case just 3 letters long.

Xiron's done a fair bit of work on this, so he's the expert, but I'll see if I can answer. The reason it will have crashed is because at the beginning of the TEXT STRINGS.AME file, all the dialogues that are used later on are listed, along with 'coordinates' to their locations in the file. For example, you might see NPC_# followed by a pair of unique characters. These characters represent the location of the relevant dialogue later on in the file.

Hence if you edit one script, the location of all scripts is shifted forward/backward depending on whether said script was shortened or lengthened, and so you will have to change all locations to match the new destinations. I don't know what format the location codes are in, you'll have to ask Xiron about that.

JrMasterModelBuilder

in fact the text has to be as long as the string changed, in this case just 3 letters long.

Xiron's done a fair bit of work on this, so he's the expert, but I'll see if I can answer. The reason it will have crashed is because at the beginning of the TEXT STRINGS.AME file, all the dialogues that are used later on are listed, along with 'coordinates' to their locations in the file. For example, you might see NPC_# followed by a pair of unique characters. These characters represent the location of the relevant dialogue later on in the file.

Hence if you edit one script, the location of all scripts is shifted forward/backward depending on whether said script was shortened or lengthened, and so you will have to change all locations to match the new destinations. I don't know what format the location codes are in, you'll have to ask Xiron about that.

>They are 32-bit unsigned integer jumps. Changing the length of a string would not be feasible, and it would require reflowing any strings that appear after it. Although, I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to tack a new string on the end, and adjust the offset if you know the key name. This all reminds me, I never did get around to writing that converter. I'll see what I can do after this month is over.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.