Having problems with IXS? Try enabling VSync (also, Anti-Aliasing)

lol username

lol username

A while back, in another topic, intrepidowl mentioned that he was able to force VSync on Island Xtreme Stunts in his graphics control panel, to fix its framerate issue:

On 3/24/2014 at 9:56 AM, intrepidowl said:

UPDATE: I used the Intel Graphics Control Panel to limit my FPS (under 3D >> General Settings: Custom Settings >> Vertical Sync: On) and I've actually been able to recover my original save!

This can fix quite a lot of issues the game may have - broken physics, extremely sensitive skateboard grinding, boats and airplanes breaking the game, Wave Catcher being nearly unplayable, etc.

Other things to try include enabling compatibility mode and running without a disc.

Another nice little thing you can enable while you're in the graphics control panel is enabling anti-aliasing, which IXS doesn't normally have.

yaaaaaaaaay.png

The details of doing this depend on what sort of video card you have, just poke around and see what you find.

Car CrazeXVI

Amazing how this almost makes the game seem a few years newer.

Interestingly, I, too, was able to use my "broken" save by enabling V-Sync. I must experiment with these save files sometime...

Which AA did you enable in the nVidia control panel? I have five different AA options available: FXAA (Off), Gamma correction (On), Mode (Application controlled, whatever Mode is supposed to mean), Setting (disabled), and Transparency (Off).

I knew I remembered hearing about someone enabling VSync to fix the speed issues, but I was not sure who it was. Looking back at that topic, it seems intrepidowl edited his post after I replied. So, thanks jamesster and intrepidowl for confirming this! :D I was just playing IXS now and all the speed and "boat whiteness" issues were gone. :D

lol username

Which AA did you enable in the nVidia control panel? I have five different AA options available: FXAA (Off), Gamma correction (On), Mode (Application controlled, whatever Mode is supposed to mean), Setting (disabled), and Transparency (Off).

I knew I remembered hearing about someone enabling VSync to fix the speed issues, but I was not sure who it was. Looking back at that topic, it seems intrepidowl edited his post after I replied. So, thanks jamesster and intrepidowl for confirming this! :D I was just playing IXS now and all the speed and "boat whiteness" issues were gone. :D

FXAA, and yes, the vsync fix is lovely. I'd imagine it'd work for LI2's biplane minigame problems as well, but I haven't tried it.

FXAA is decent for low-end computers. MSAA is what you usually want, for the clearest image.

Mode probably switches between the different types, I'll have to check my nvidia control panel.

(FXAA is fast approximate aa, it uses a standard image smoother which smooths it out just fine, but some stuff is a bit blurrier. MSAA is Multisample AA, I believe it sets the game's INTERNAL rendering resolution higher than what it is now, then downscales it to your display resolution, similar to how Apple's screens work)

I think that 1080p@4xMSAA is actually rendering at 4k resolution. It's either 4x or 2x, I forget which. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.