Tauka Usanake

Tauka Usanake

So I honestly can't be the first one, let alone the only one, to just learn of this that happened about two months ago. The title says enough: Mojang is coming out with a Minecraft movie.

After the success that was The LEGO Movie, headed by Warner Bros. and produced/co produced by Roy Lee, it only seemed logical that Minecraft, an equally amazing and blocky product, should get the same treatment. WB approached Mojang to acquire the rights to make the movie and got Roy Lee from The LEGO Movie to produce it. They also got a Jill Messick from movies Mean Girls and Mean Moms to help out in production (and that can only be INTERESTING). Add to that, it's planned to be a live-action film (MOAR INTERESTING).

It's already been acknowledged by Notch on his Twitter feed that they are working on it. As traditional of him he wanted to be the first one to release the news. Other than that, I haven't seen much else come out of it save for those first days.

As said, this is old news and I just learned of it, but I didn't see anything on RRU that made mention to it (I did a search at least). If anyone else has any information on this it would be nice to share it around. Otherwise it would be nice to hear what everyone thinks about it. My two cents:

I drew in up so fast, I'm so proud of myself :3

• Like 4

Minecraft Movie? With cube-blocks everywhere? In movie?

Something new, I think. However, I'm tired from the Minecraft  :P , but, anyway - wanna see it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.