LibLDD

bartvbl

A bit of a continuation of my previous post: I've written a number of java classes to load a range of file types used in the LDD assets. I thought I'd add a few more and slap them together in a little library for others to use. It can currently only read these files:

• .lif
  • .g (includes .g1, .g2, ..)
  • .loc (localised string files)
  • materials.xml

I'd love to say right here it also writes files, but that is not the case. Most files should be straightforward to write anyway, due to the large amount of plain text formats (XML, LUA, GLSL, ..). However, in the case of the LIF and G formats I don't think the information on these files is complete enough to allow writing. Although I haven't tried doing so either.

The github project is here: https://github.com/bartvbl/LibLDD

You'll also find a build there.

• Like 6

• 9 months later...

hello there! i'd love to try this software, but unfortunately the links give a 404 on github.. have you moved the repository elsewhere? Or was is taken down?

if you could give an url to download it, or eventually send me privately, it would be great :)

thanks for your work!

hello there! i'd love to try this software, but unfortunately the links give a 404 on github.. have you moved the repository elsewhere? Or was is taken down?

if you could give an url to download it, or eventually send me privately, it would be great :)

thanks for your work!

I took it down myself.

That happened to be a forked repo, here's the actual repo, just found it by doing a search.

https://github.com/chipgw/LibLDD

chipgw contributed a bug fix to the project. He had to fork the repo to be able to make a pull request.

JrMasterModelBuilder

thanks for your work!

I took it down myself.

That happened to be a forked repo, here's the actual repo, just found it by doing a search.

https://github.com/chipgw/LibLDD

chipgw contributed a bug fix to the project. He had to fork the repo to be able to make a pull request.

Can I ask why it was taken down?

The devs of LDD apparently do not want people to mess with their data files. As I use github for my university courses and job, I don't want to risk takedown notices.

• Like 3

The devs of LDD apparently do not want people to mess with their data files. As I use github for my university courses and job, I don't want to risk takedown notices.

Did they contact you to ask or is just your supposition? i was trying to make a program to manipulate LXF files, do you think i could have troubles? For example LDD2PovRay is a public third part program that manipulate LXF but TLG is not against it, they even suggest using it..

Btw great work with LibLDD, great program!

Thanks everybody!

Did they contact you to ask or is just your supposition? i was trying to make a program to manipulate LXF files, do you think i could have troubles? For example LDD2PovRay is a public third part program that manipulate LXF but TLG is not against it, they even suggest using it..

Btw great work with LibLDD, great program!

Thanks everybody!

The LDD2POV tool uses a virtual file system to protect the brick geometries. The guy who made it asked them about it, to which they replied that they liked the tool, but would rather not have the brick geometry files up for grabs. I heard about this and decided it'd be better to pull LibLDD and the related tools. TLG hasn't contacted me about any of them.

The LXF file specification is freely available, which is thus not a problem. The contents of the LIF files (and how to interpret them) are.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.