Lego Racers 2 - Secret Codes In The Intro

TrussROBLOX

TrussROBLOX

Alright, I was watching the Lego Racers 2 intro for an upcoming project I was working on, and I noticed that there was something on the back of the newspaper Rocket Racer saw that looked interesting...

wingdings.png

Those codes- They use the Wingdings font! Now, when I tried decoding them using my amazing lazy, stupid decoder-

code-1.pngthe ones on the top are lowercase

I got these codes--

For the one on the top, I got JK??QTSqlr?d (The question marks I couldn't read)

For the one on the bottom, I got QSETTYU or QWETTYU (cannot figure out which one)

IMPORTANT: I probably should expect that it's just gibberish, but I just find it interesting it uses the Wingdings font and wanted to share this with you guys.

Fluffy Cupcake

I think they just used that font to make it look extra gibberish. Also your currently accurate translation verifies this.

I certainly didn't even know that font existed until now.

Car CrazeXVI

If you look closely, you can see that all the text is actually just meaningless gibberish, just like everything else in the game.

I certainly didn't even know that font existed until now.

Do you have no childhood? No looking through every single font that could be used for the Marquee screen saver? Do you not recall watching the 3D Maze screen saver for 15 minutes? Did you never make crappy paintings of whatever in MS-Paint? Have you never even seen a floppy diskette in real life?
If you've answered NO to any of these questions, you may be entitled to a ★free★ time machine‼

But seriously, don't tell me it was all just LEGO Racers...

Fluffy Cupcake

Oh heck yeah, old screen savers! The only thing I answered no to is the looking through every single font in the Marquee screen saver.

Also, you forgot the pipes.

JrMasterModelBuilder

My best translation (no idea what the 3rd character is):

KL BQTSqwrxe
qwettyu

Seems pretty consistent with the pseudo-random keyboard pressing of a person trying to type characters with minimal effort. The second headline is also the same as the top-left 7 characters on a QWERTY kayboard.

• Like 2

Quisoves Potoo

I'm pretty certain the top one says "crummy crummy soda!" and the second one says "I'm gonna catch you like a crummy!"
Mind you I've never played Loco, so I'm not all that well versed in Gibberish.

• 9 months later...

I always thought it was "I'm gonna catch you in my tummy" and "I like you in my soda." (although, I admit "I'm gonna catch you like a crummy" sounds more accurate).

Haha, I hear it as "I might catch you by the Pommy" (old term for a Brit) and "I like the way you yodel though". I guess it's one of those things like the Bane theme in Dark Knight Rises, which has been misinterpreted in many ways, although that music actually did have proper lyrics (Arabic for "He Rises" I think?).

On topic, I'm curious as to why they used Wingdings for the titles and standard text for the descriptions. Are the LEGO people in LR2 bi-lingual or something? :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.