Improved Permanent Custom Map Slots!

RockRaiderWolf

RockRaiderWolf

All my uploads will eventually be available HERE.

Uploaded new version of the mod. I replaced my crap level 26 with a simple copy of level 25. also made it so that all you need to do is beat the first level (takes 5 minutes max) and then you can scroll down and play "Level 26". very easy now so please please give it a look and let me know if you liked. also if anybody has any images they think would be better to use for the custom levels instead of just using an upside down copy of the original levelpick.bmp and adding it below please show me. 

NEW Download Links:

Mediafire Link

New LegoRR1.WAD
http://rrubucket.s3....goRR1_11176.wad

New LegoRR0.WAD
http://rrubucket.s3....oRR0_593935.wad

Screenshots:

(I did not add a pic of inside level 26 since it is no difference from level 25) 

FAQ for Modders Below: 

Q: Why I think this is a good mod.

A: Shows possibility of adding endless number of custom levels

Q: How to determine where level select picture/button is displayed

A: in Lego.Cfg for the level Frontend X and Y should be the coordinates of where the top left corner of the level picture should be displayed on the level select screen. to find coordinates open the LRR0/Interface/Levelpicker/Levelpick.bmp in a program such as Paintdotnet and  (for paintdotnet) the coordinates of where on the picture your mouse pointer is pointing will be shown on the bottom of the window.

Q: Anything else we need to know?
A: Assuming you have looked and understand at least the basics of the Levels section inside the Lego.CFG, all you need to know is for your level to show up (from what I can tell) aside from adding it correctly to the lego.cfg right after the last game level (lvl25 probably) and making sure the Frontend x and y coordinates are correct is that you must copy and edit a line to that last gameplay level such as below:
NextLevel  (make sure it has correct spacing)  Levels::Levelxx (replace xx with level # of custom level.)
Next decide what level you think should need to be completed before your custom level unlocks. then in the lego.cfg find the section for that level (using level 24 for this example.) and where it says:
LevelLinks (correct spacing) Levels::Level25
Copy and paste "Levels::Level" directly following that and add a comma to seperate so it shows like the following.
Levels::Level25,Levels::Level
then of course add the number for your level at the end.
LevelLinks (correct spacing) Levels::Level25,Levels::Levelxx
after all that and assuming you have created your level correctly everything should now work! enjoy!

Finally all comments and suggestions welcome so please let me know what you think of my first attempt at contributing.

Update Version 2.0: Changed it to use the picture created by Xiron. I also added a Data folder that contains the image inside the correct path for those using data method.

Update Log: 

UPDATE: I have discovered that there seems to be a hard-coded limit of 15 Levels for  "LevelLinks:".

(either that or a line length length limit of about 270 on the ruler in Pspad :P )

I wonder if it would crash it if I added a second level links line to one of them? Ill have to laugh if it actually works.

Very nice. So you duplicated the level select so it has slots open for another 26 levels? Thats handy.

Yep, and i'm sure you could basically replace it with nearly any image you want, though I'm not sure if it would allow wider ones. Edit - Allows but can not scroll sideways.

From what I can tell it really just puts the Level pictures over top of the Levelpick.bmp so likely is possible to place the level anywhere you want even outside of those caverns. 

Also it occurred to me to mention that since in the lego.cfg it refers to Frontend x and y I also edited the levelpick image inside RR0/interface/frontend to be the same height just in case it was somehow related and or needed for the coordinates to work.

Edit: now I kinda wanna just try and see what kind of images I might use for this. And I'm off to find some pictures to use. maybe I might just start with a funny one :P

Edit2:  I have started a new project related to this Mod. I will be attempting to collect as many Custom maps as I can into one set! You can learn about it and maybe even pitch in >Here.

_______

While looking through the forums I discovered a bit of a related post although it seems to have been dropped. >here

Here, I made it less of a CHOP where you merged the flip. Feel free to add it to your mod download if you want.

TYLaFTh.png

Thank you very much! :) I will add it when I have a chance.

Edited by RockRaiderWolf
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
RockRaiderWolf

Very nice. So you duplicated the level select so it has slots open for another 26 levels? Thats handy.

With the new Version 1.1 of my ultimate map pack I I changed the levelpick.bmp to have no caverns on the custom area as they were so hard to line up. what will be easier is to just black out the X on the custom levels level(x)G.bmp and merge that on in the correct area. much easier that way. however that will be low priority since the Level(x)G.bmp pictures are the only ones that don't properly show without a pre-placed cavern. This way you(the modder) can customize the order of the custom levels more easily. 

________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: I wanted to ask for some help understanding something. Why does it no longer seem to play the audio for the level title in the level select screen once this is installed? is it a matter of needing to add a similar audio file for all the levels or it does not play for any of them or something like that, anybody have any idea?  Silly me I had mute on by accident :P

Edited by RockRaiderWolf

• 2 weeks later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Here, I made it less of a CHOP where you merged the flip. Feel free to add it to your mod download if you want.

TYLaFTh.png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

THAT IS A FREAKING GOOD IDEA.

Planet U's a planet... right? Right? And so the RR's could have started on one side of the planet, but couldn't they have started on both? So the StartLevels could be Level01 and Level52. :D

• 4 weeks later...
RockRaiderWolf

THAT IS A FREAKING GOOD IDEA.

Planet U's a planet... right? Right? And so the RR's could have started on one side of the planet, but couldn't they have started on both? So the StartLevels could be Level01 and Level52. :D

Only downside is that you would have to scroll all the way down to reach the other "strating level". although I guess I can see the appeal so I will just go ahead and mention what is probably obvious.

to do this simply do something like...

modify so that level52 is set to always show by using             FrontEndOpen                    TRUE

and then just do level links in reverse from it. might be better to do it with 53 levels though so you can have the level at center of the planet (27?) only unlock if you beat both pathways. in fact you just broke my mapper's block! I am going to create a level for that where you start with bases on two different sides of the map! :D

• 6 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.