A LANDSLIDE HAS OCCURRED

le717

For the last week I have spoken about a "master plan" I had. It all started with me mentioning it in the shoutbox and saying perhaps I should have consulted about it first (that concluded with Cyrem saying "New rule: no secret plans". le717 banhammer time!"). Following this initial hint came two status updates about it. Who can also forget the trailer which frightened even Arthuriel, creator of the great Insane Raiders comics and our ever-powerful founder. Finally, the hints ceased with me telling JimbobJeffers in the shoutbox "You never know what I have up my sleeve."

All was quiet on the east side of the Island mention of my plan ceased on Friday, but that was simply the calm before the storm. All the mystery, suspense, and fear built up over the week has lead up to this one single, final moment.

A LANDSLIDE HAS OCCURRED

a-landslide-has-occured.png

Inspired by sites such as the ever-useful Drama Button, I have faithfully recreated possibly the most annoying audio glitch in LEGO Rock Raiders. Just like the game, it never stops until you reload or close the page. Built using HTML5 audio, it requires a rather modern browser but also allowed me to support mobile devices as well. Of note is the standard Rock Raider sandwich (which I did not make, someone else did). I only felt it right to click/tap a sandwich to initiate the chaos. You will also find a small stopwatch to keep track of exactly how long you have endured the landslides.

To achieve the full experience, you will need to click the sandwich multiple times and have your speakers turned up. MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Does this rival the greatness of Flappy Bricks or Banana Pananic? I have no clue. I kinda doubt it, but then again it can never be understood what may be the next big thing. :P

Let the California landslides begin.

Less dramatic tl;dr version (per request by jamesster, I recreated the "A LANDSLIDE HAS OCCURRED" Rock Raiders audio glitch as a website push-button.

Shadowblaze

I have withstood landslides for just 8 minutes, 32 seconds and some milliseconds. It's pretty clear that I haven't played LRR as much as you did...

Oh, great, now I'm gonna landslide for the rest of the day.

lol username

A somewhat amusing webpage, but my goodness man, would it kill you to include a less dramatic tl;dr version of the OP? ;P

Fluffy Cupcake

*clicks button a A hundred times*

Oh dear, what I have I done. o.o

ALAALANDSLIALANSLILADSIDE

Okay, lol, at one point they all somehow almost managed to play at the same time for a few times, but then they exploded back into crazy.

Anyhow, after like 25 minutes my audio couldn't take any more landslides (the audio on everything, not just the browser, came to a halt), so I had to fix that... So, after 43:18:23 I have decided I had enough landslides for one day.

This is pure madness! :D

btw: Maybe we should make a diary about withstanding this website:

30th Second: My brain begins to melt

1st Minute: Aaargh, make it stahp!

1:15 min: Must turn it off. Therefore I will click on the button for a second time

1:17 min: Nooo! Now I hear two Chief's. My brainz can't stand that many land slides. I will click a few more times on the button to find out, if it will turn off.

1:25 min: AAARGH. Chief made a family meeting with all his brothers, because I hear like a zillion voices at once. Must close the window to end this mad.... *head explodes*

PS: I withstood only for a minute (at the end a clicked a second time on the button and then closed the tab). maybe I should test it for more than a minute.

PPS: One minute and ten seconds.... ...too many land slides.... ... I hope, that it doesn't have any lasting impact on me...

edit:

An edit has occured

An edit has occured

An edit has occured

An edit has occured

An edit has occured

An edit has occured

(okay, I will stop. That was only a joke).

• Like 2

The Ace Railgun

Well after 1:12:00 it started to sound like snare roll, and A land Sli-A-A-A A land sli-A-A-A- rhythm in the background and I'm still going...I'm at 4:14:00 now...

• Like 2

The Ace Railgun

Have fun beating my time Ace. I'm a master at loops endurance.

Oh i'm still going, I'm at 20 minutes now... 

Fluffy Cupcake

You may have 55 minutes under you belt now Ace, but just you wait till I have time for round 2.

After all I did say I decided I had enough, meaning I could of gone on for who knows how much longer. ;)

Also, I think le717 may have to keep a records list. XP

The Ace Railgun
55 minutes

Actually I ended at 1 hour and 16 minutes 

I think le717 may have to keep a records list. XP

and yes I agree with this

Edit: I accidentally double posted (web browser glitch I suspect) would a Mod delete the previous post? 

A broken set of speakers has occured.

Your monitor is in danger.

A whole lot of glass has appeared.

Blood is being drained from your hand.

Y'know what, le? *goes and fetches one out of four collected banhammers*

A BANMAHHER HAS APPEARED

YOUR HEAD IS IN DANGER

*clonk*

• Like 3

I think le717 may have to keep a records list. XP

and yes I agree with this

I already am: this topic. :P

I hope you reloaded the page before starting this. I fixed it so 1 hour+ timers would not go off the gray border. :P

1:15 min: Must turn it off. Therefore I will click on the button for a second time

You really thought clicking it again would turn it off? Well, you were provem wrong. :P

A broken set of speakers has occured.

Your monitor is in danger.

Y'know what, le? *goes and fetches one out of four collected banhammers* A BANMAHHER HAS APPEARED YOUR HEAD IS IN DANGER *clonk*

Did I mention I cannot be held liable for damages? :P

Well, at least it is not the LEGO Universe Uber Hammer- oops.

I endured about forty seconds before a fainting occured.

Don't worry, I'll give you a sandwich. That will strengthen you.

• Like 2

I withstood it for 5 minutes and 40 seconds.

At approx. 2 minutes, I clicked the sandwich a few times.

Then it sounded like "A LANDSLIDE LUNCH LINE HAS OCCURRED!"

Edit: did it again, this time withstood 9 whole minutes of it.

Well, at least it is not the LEGO Universe Uber Hammer- oops.

Yep, that's about the right size. Except that it is not golden. Pure gold bends on contact.

What it is is finely wrought Lego steel, from the forges of the long-ruined Great Furnace. Aye, it has endured much and is tougher for it.

In fact, I'll go off and talk to Sauron and see if he can lend me one of his hammers.... Grond would be effective at smashing into your house... No wait; a better idea. I shall free Morgoth from the chains of Manwe (with dots over the 'e') and get him to reforge his massive sledgehammer, Grond.

*silence*

*chains snap*

I am coming. You cannot get out. I am coming...

Did I mention I cannot be held liable for damages? :P

No. You didn't. Thus

A MASSIVE DEBT HAS APPEARED

YOUR FINANCES ARE IN DANGER

MONEY IS BEING DRAINED FROM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT

AN INSURANCE PAYOUT HAS OCCURRED

Back on topic, I couldn't go it for very long as my dad absolutely hated it. He lasted less than five seconds.

Also, clicking it multiple times and then it lines up sounds like a string band.

A BAD SIMILE HAS OCCURRED

EDIT:

Drill Master, considering what you've been working on...

A RUNNING MAN HAS OCCUR- *gets hit by another banhammer, replenishing my stock*

EDIT 2:

*boots up Scratch*

• Like 2

Quisoves Potoo

Back on topic, I couldn't go it for very long as my dad absolutely hated it. He lasted less than five seconds.

We here at Rock Raiders United are natural born masochists.

@le717 Now that you've done this you should *is tackled by a horde of desperate RRU members* *gasp!* *cough* make a *cough!* help! Tee- *gasp!* vrrhrrr *cough* *struggles free for a moment* Tee-Vee Here! emulator! *Is knocked unconscious by a projectile thrown by one member.*

• Like 3

@le717 Now that you've done this you should *is tackled by a horde of desperate RRU members* *gasp!* *cough* make a *cough!* help! Tee- *gasp!* vrrhrrr *cough* *struggles free for a moment* Tee-Vee Here! emulator! *Is knocked unconscious by a projectile thrown by one member.*

Hmmm...

Running TeeVee saying 'A landslide has occur- *gets banned* :P

Oh, I haven't put something about teaching your child important values, nor the melted soldier, and not even something about flowers and red bricks... :P

• Like 2

Four minutes. I lasted four minutes before my family hollered up the stairs that I was driving them crazy with a pointless waste of time.

Just wait until I'm next home alone, then we'll see who lasts the longest...

• Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake

gallery_426_102_15313.png

Just wait until I'm next home alone, then we'll see who lasts the longest...

Headphones...?

The Ace Railgun

Ohh nice try Xi, I ended at 2:24:00 just last night, I'll do it again and post a screen shot though.

4 min in a lunchline has occured 4:30 100-300 chiefs speak in unision. 11:00: now there are about 25 more. 15:00 A dance has occured 17:30 +25 chiefs 28:00 Killed all of then to save my hard ware (lots of popping and cracking). During that run, cpu usage wnet from 24 to 152 percent (400 is full use of all four cores).

• Like 2

The Ace Railgun

You should really post these things right away.

Yeah I guess I should have :P Oh well I'm currently trying to beat my record It's got kind of a catchy rhythm now :P 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.