Faster AI Means a Harder Race... Right?

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

Nope. Not in LR2's case. Perhaps this is why the speed of racers always remained unmodified throughout the whole game (Rocket Racer aside).

Done with a new CE cheat of mine that modifies maximum speed (applicable to any individual racer)

Fluffy Cupcake

Maybe there is something at a certain point in the AI route that tells it how much to slow down, which is somehow based upon speed (it slows down so, you know, it doesn't go flying over the checkpoint, which is I know is very much possible with high speed). Other than that, I dunno.

Yah its very interesting, does it do it any other places?

Probably the town corners on Express Delivery (edit: confirmed this one), seeing how the AI normally slows down there too. Pretty much anywhere the AI normally slows down is my guess. Another thought is the U ramp on Beyond the Dome.

Quisoves Potoo

Ah... More of the endearing goofiness of Lego Racers 2. I know this is an odd idea, but then so is this AI behavior: Perhaps the AI is time-locked (not in the Doctor Who sense,) meaning that the AI racers are instructed to behave in a certain way at a certain time (with delays caused by mishaps such as collisions taken into account.) If this is the case, then a greater maximum speed would cause a racer to treat whatever section of the track it is on as an earlier section, the section it would be on if it had the normal maximum speed. Perhaps you might try repeatedly increasing  the max speed to see what happens. I am just throwing this out here, I have very little proof for it.

JrMasterModelBuilder

Ah... More of the endearing goofiness of Lego Racers 2. I know this is an odd idea, but then so is this AI behavior: Perhaps the AI is time-locked (not in the Doctor Who sense,) meaning that the AI racers are instructed to behave in a certain way at a certain time (with delays caused by mishaps such as collisions taken into account.) If this is the case, then a greater maximum speed would cause a racer to treat whatever section of the track it is on as an earlier section, the section it would be on if it had the normal maximum speed. Perhaps you might try repeatedly increasing  the max speed to see what happens. I am just throwing this out here, I have very little proof for it.

I doubt it. It's not uncommon for them to get off their track and drive around for a little while trying to get back on track. If it were time based, it would make everything much more complicated.

• Like 1

Quisoves Potoo

I doubt it. It's not uncommon for them to get off their track and drive around for a little while trying to get back on track. If it were time based, it would make everything much more complicated.

Good point. The more I think about the idea, the less plausible it becomes.

@Xiron Is there any chance you might make your cheat available?

Fluffy Cupcake
@Xiron Is there any chance you might make your cheat available?

Yes, as well as a game play speed changer as well. (Slow mo for detailed observations! :D)

I was going to update it in my big CE hacks list already, with a few other new things, but because I have no idea when I'll do it here it is sperate: https://app.box.com/s/cve5vfzb4uxwsfn234nq

If you decided to change the game speed (default: 08 3D) take care, it is very sensitive. The "3D" being the sensitive part, simply chaning the "D" to C or E is enough to drastically change it.

Vehicle speed tip: Normal speed value is 0. One power upgrade is 0.07999999821. 15+engine (adventure upgrade max) is 1.399999976.

Same thing applies to shield and grip.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Another video regarding the stupidity of the AI. No modifications done this time though:

I didn't post this right away because I wasn't sure if I should make a new topic or post it here. I almost forgot to post it too!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.